chicken or fish !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy mackie

my wee female yemen cham has a loves her bugs i also hand feed her veg and greens [very small amounts ] I was wondering if it would be ok to try her with tiny bits of plain white cooked fish or chicken maybee once a month.maybee the size of a small pea.obviously i wont if its bad .she gets a good variety of bugs so she wouldnt miss out
:).thanks

Well my dad used to feed his arrowana (very large freshwater fish) pieces of steak and it doesn't eat cows in the wild so who knows the cham might eat it!

My point is why try something like cooked fish or chicken when there are soooo many other tried and proven feeders that are readily available.

My point is why try something like cooked fish or chicken when there are soooo many other tried and proven feeders that are readily available.

very true and thanks...All her bugs are gutloaded properly.
i was just thinking of a good protein or a special treat once a month.

Just saying that just because it doesn't eat something in the wild that doesn't mean anything in captivity. I gave an example of that just involving a different animal is that a problem for you Syn?

Just saying that just because it doesn't eat something in the wild that doesn't mean anything in captivity. I gave an example of that just involving a different animal is that a problem for you Syn?

Gosh people are touchy around here....

It doesn't matter to me but god forbid someone brings up something that isn't textbook chameleon care 101 around here, people go crazy!

whats up with everyone putting people down it feels like high school lol.. but my panther use to love pinkies and baby hamsters :eek: has anyone tryed earthworms ?

I just don't believe a comparison between a fish and a reptile should be made. But hey, you know what's up. :)

It doesn't matter to me but god forbid someone brings up something that isn't textbook chameleon care 101 around here, people go crazy!

By "going crazy" you mean asking a question like "why are we comparing fish to chameleons?" I thought it was a valid question.

Nobody was going crazy until you got all touchy. My initial questioning of the motivation was also valid. This isn't like the lighting options where there is only 1 widely agreed upon option, the reptisun 5.0. This is feeders where there are TONS of widely agreed options so there isn't much reason to push the boundaries to have a ton +1

whats up with everyone putting people down it feels like high school lol.. but my panther use to love pinkies and baby hamsters :eek: has anyone tryed earthworms ?

Earthworms tend to carry parisites and are not really nutritious. Basically yeah baby mice, baby hamsters, baby gerbils, baby rats, and probably even baby birds but I don't think anyone would be feeding baby birds =P Even small anoles but unless you live where they are running free like florida I wouldn't spend the money.

Diets high in animal based protein can increase the chances of developing gout and can exacerbate any underlying renal issues which could easily be present in captivity, even without apparent symptoms, due to chronic suboptimal hydration. As a result, it is not recommended to frequently feed pinky mice, anoles or birds to chameleons and is best only to do so sparingly to healthy animals.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom