Charlotte - Rest in Peace, Girlie

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
I lost Charlotte last Thursday night at the vet's, after a really sudden decline. I can't be sure though, it happened during my final's week and really didn't stop in the chameleon room longer than just to fill the mistking reservoir and fill up everyone's feeder cup. The vet did a necropsy but his results were sort of vague, something about masses in her abdomen that weren't egg-related. I kind of assume tumor, but I don't know, I didn't want to send a sample for biopsy.

For anyone who remembers, last spring we had a freak accident where she swallowed her whole tongue and it had to be amputated. She dealt with a few oral infections that just lingered and lingered, and I've been force feeding her for months. She never got the hang of eating by herself, poor thing.

Here is little girlie. I hope she's happy again, it seemed like such torture for her to hate feeding time as much as she eventually learned to hate. Especially for a girl that looooved food so much as a baby.

charlotte85weeks3.jpg

charlotte10weeks2.jpg

charlotteandmina.jpg

charlotte6months10.jpg

charlotte9months7.jpg

I certainly hope she's happy now, where ever she is. I did everything to make her comfortable and happy but I still wonder if she was.

Bye girlie <3

I am so sorry to hear she passed, you did so much to help her, even if she hated it, I am sure she knew she needed it. I am sorry this has been such a hard year for you and chams. Next year will be lots better and it is just around the corner.

Awww Olimpia, I'm so sorry to hear this. I always thought Charlotte was one of the prettiest female veileds around. She will surely be missed.

Olimpia your sweet Charlotte was quite beautiful. I had no idea all she had gone through. I am so sorry that she has passed, but I know in my heart even if she didn't like her feedings. She knew you were trying to help her. I'm sure she is shining over you with love for all you did for her. My heart is with you at this very difficult and painful time.

she was beautiful :( im so sorry you lost her. im shure she was happy to have someone willing to care for her in her gr8ist need.

Thank you for all the kind comments, everyone. I'm glad I'm out of the country right now, otherwise I know that I'd walk up to her cage to feed her and then remember she's gone, like I've done with others that have passed. It takes a while to get used to losing them, and even then you still miss them.

Yes it does take time to get used the loved ones being gone. But she will always have that special place in your heart. She was very lucky to have you.

Back
Top Bottom