Chameleons can SWIM? YES!

It that your veiled? I wouldn't dare put one of mine in a pool with all the chemicals you have to use in a pool. :eek:

Also he could aspirate under the water like that.

Last edited:
I don't think wiggling to find the nearest climbing surface constitutes swimming. It's damn head was under the water with all those chemicals.

And BTW

Yes I put on description that he is FINE to people who think that this can hurt or something.
As you can see, he never turn in black colors and never stays more than 30sec in water.

It's not like if I was killing him.

And BTW

Yes I put on description that he is FINE to people who think that this can hurt or something.
As you can see, he never turn in black colors and never stays more than 30sec in water.

It's not like if I was killing him.

There's really no point to continue with this thread. Nobody here finds what you did fascinating, and all you're going to do is just get defensive about doing something pointless and risky with an otherwise healthy chameleon.

Let's make things clear.
I don't made the video to make of fun. I did to show people that they can swim.
I put in the description to people DO NOT DOES THIS, especially if they don't trust on you.

Let's make things clear.
I don't made the video to make of fun. I did to show people that they can swim.
I put in the description to people DO NOT DOES THIS, especially if they don't trust on you.

Ok, I get why you did it. I actually do find it interesting that chameleons can actually swim that well. I think it's the situation in which you presented this finding is what is making people upset.

Ok, I get why you did it. I actually do find it interesting that chameleons can actually swim that well. I think it's the situation in which you presented this finding is what is making people upset.

Yeah I get it.
I'm with my conscious clean because I KNOW that L is well cared.
In fact very well cared more than the chameleon of these people who complain.

In 3 yr L just had one problem because of the UVA/UVB lamp that stopped work ;)

Even if you were just testing a theory, why would you do it in a pool? You could have done it in a sink with distilled water. I understand the excitement of testing something new but I think what's upsetting everyone is, why take the risk? This little test could have also gone very badly. How would you feel about it then? Would it have been worth it if he had ingested enough water to drown? it's an awful lot of stress to "swim for your life" because you were curious.

I don't agree with this at all. I think the majority are more upset about the harsh chemicals in the pool than the actual short swimming lesson. I do want to say that I've seen Iguanas frequently dive into people's pools all the time down in Key West, FL. I'm not sure if there are any long term health effects from the chemicals though. :confused:

Before watching the video, I wasn't expecting to see... chams head... underwater??? His mouth, nose and eyes are all underwater most of the "swimming" time! I was saying "omg, OMG, owww OMG" out loud as his head was going under and above the water again and again. At least torture for ME to watch. :(
It can be not stressing him or giving him any harm, I don't know, but it does not look safe and fun. Swimming can be a natural survival situation for some chameleons but survival situations are mostly pretty dangerous and unpleasant situations...

I'm not sure what kind of reaction you were expecting but I just watched that video and I can say is it looks SO CRUEL!!! His head and nose is underwater the entire time. And you keep doing it over and over and over again. For what?? A cool video to post on YouTube. You went out of your way to put stress on your animal for your own amusement.
Answer this one question. What did you gain from this. And why did you keep doing it over and over. Did you just want more footage for your YouTube video?
And one last question. Did you even give a single thought about the chlorine?

I already said in the description that I WAS CLOSE TO HIM ALL THE TIME and doesn't let him more than 15s - 30s. As you can see it he's not stressed
I made this video to show that they can swim if for you ir CRUEL then think again because they can SWIM and this is how they do it.

STOP MAKE THIS USELESS DRAMA

Sure they can swim. If they are swimming for there lives. And I'm sure that he felt that way. Don't you think if he felt that way (you admitted that he did) that would be extremely stressful. Or are you just gonna stay hung up on the fact that he didn't change color.
Next time you want to use a live animal for one of your experiments maybe you should ask the question first.
For example: Does anyone know if chameleons an swim.

I already said in the description that I WAS CLOSE TO HIM ALL THE TIME and doesn't let him more than 15s - 30s. As you can see it he's not stressed
I made this video to show that they can swim if for you ir CRUEL then think again because they can SWIM and this is how they do it.

STOP MAKE THIS USELESS DRAMA

It's great that you and your cham trust each other as you say, but it seems you have the inability to accept the fact that the chemicals in the water meant for human use Is probably not the best for a chameleom. It's amazing how they can swim, no doubt. However, it gives the wrong idea to many of the future viewers on YouTube.

I'm not trying to put down what you do, but I also don't condone this kind of behavior. It reminds of the videos of slow lorises being tickled and cuddled... Can they be house pets? Yes... Shoudk they be pets though? Probably not. When videos of cute slow lorises go viral, everybody wants them.... Demand goes up and people take care of an animal inadequately and have false beliefs on proper husbandry. We're not making drama for you, and we're certainly not trying to put you or your cham in a negative light.

People on here mostly just want to give their input and help. Maybe we don't have the best ways of saying things in a nice way, but you have to understand that some may see what you're doing as something that is unacceptable.
Best regards,

-Li

It's great that you and your cham trust each other as you say, but it seems you have the inability to accept the fact that the chemicals in the water meant for human use Is probably not the best for a chameleom. It's amazing how they can swim, no doubt. However, it gives the wrong idea to many of the future viewers on YouTube.

I'm not trying to put down what you do, but I also don't condone this kind of behavior. It reminds of the videos of slow lorises being tickled and cuddled... Can they be house pets? Yes... Shoudk they be pets though? Probably not. When videos of cute slow lorises go viral, everybody wants them.... Demand goes up and people take care of an animal inadequately and have false beliefs on proper husbandry. We're not making drama for you, and we're certainly not trying to put you or your cham in a negative light.

People on here mostly just want to give their input and help. Maybe we don't have the best ways of saying things in a nice way, but you have to understand that some may see what you're doing as something that is unacceptable.
Best regards,

-Li

Thank you so much for been kind with ;)
People say like if I tried to kill and made cruelty with my Chameleon and I'm surprised on how people argue with this.
Of course I does not thought that the water could bring problems otherwise I do not made this. L shows no problems and has been some days now, so for me it's all drama, especially when people says that I'm bad or something because this I don't accept, I'm pretty sure that I'm more good owner than the most people who have a Chameleon ;)

Back
Top Bottom