Chameleons and other pets?

MadSince95

How are chameleons with other pets? And how do they react? I have 8 pets and 1 of my three cats is terrified of him. What about dogs? Other cats?

Depends on your chameleon. My one guy flares up at our puppy but does not seem bothered by our bird and the other one does not care about either!

My guy always has both eyes on my dog when they enter the room. And wont comr out of his cage when they are there.. but he doesn't flare up at all really torwards them

Edit: he also tried shooting his tounge at my baby red tail boa.. that would of been a disaster :(

How are chameleons with other pets? And how do they react? I have 8 pets and 1 of my three cats is terrified of him. What about dogs? Other cats?

I wouldn't trust a cat or dog around my chams unattended. All it would take is a few seconds for that cham to become an interesting target. In it's cage your other pets may not notice a cham, but they could once they realize it is there. The cham's reaction to your other pets could vary a lot, so hard to predict.

i guess i got really lucky. my dog is so calm and easy going. he lets my cham sit on his head and my ball python chill on his collar. lol my boa is a bit tempermental and wont have anything to do with my dog in a friendly way.

My panther Calais rules the house. My cats don't bother him and my dog jumps out of the way when he comes near her. He also goes and chills with my ball python, hangs by her light cord staring into her tank and watches her :p think he's a bit species confused?

Chameleons are generally not good with any other pets or reptiles You may be having. Chameleons have special housing needs and that is the reason people don't prefer them as pet. So give it a thought and then buy if You are ready to handle the stress on the way.

Dog Obedience Training San Antonio

My pets don't mind him anymore they see him them are just like whatever, except my cat jewel XD she's terrified of him

Pets

Yeah my pet gorilla and tiger play all the time with my zebra. Then my chameleons all play xbox with my hermit crabs. Things run really good at my house.

Last edited:
Our lab(aspen) is so intrigued with the cham (picasso) that both will watch each other for however long we let Aspen stand in front of the enclosure, he loves to just watch and when we open the door, Picasso will put his front two feet on Aspens nose...really cute to see.

Picasso 004.jpg

My chameleons are currently in a room with 3 bearded dragons 2 snakes and a water dragon and arent bothered by any of them:)and sometimes my male will be out on his plant and ill have a bearded dragon and a snake out and none of them care lol i think there all just used to it

Our lab(aspen) is so intrigued with the cham (picasso) that both will watch each other for however long we let Aspen stand in front of the enclosure, he loves to just watch and when we open the door, Picasso will put his front two feet on Aspens nose...really cute to see.

View attachment 66810

Yeah when my chameleon free ranges he loves to go to my ball python's enclosure and just watch her. I think he is species confused haha

I find many of my chams are very intriged by the fish tank, my panther Gizmo will sit and look for at them for hours.

Back
Top Bottom