Need Some Help Regarding Humidity Level

nataliarelish

Hello everyone,

I want your guidance on how to maintain humidity levels in my chameleon's home.
I understand the importance of providing the right environment for my pet's health and well-being. but sometimes I am unable to maintain the humidity level of my chameleons.

Can anyone share their experience regarding humidity?

What are the ideal humidity levels?
What are the best methods for measuring humidity?
Are there any specific tools you suggest for maintaining consistent humidity?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hello everyone,

I want your guidance on how to maintain humidity levels in my chameleon's home.
I understand the importance of providing the right environment for my pet's health and well-being. but sometimes I am unable to maintain the humidity level of my chameleons.

Can anyone share their experience regarding humidity?

What are the ideal humidity levels?
What are the best methods for measuring humidity?
Are there any specific tools you suggest for maintaining consistent humidity?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Welcome and great questions. There some amazing people here that can help. I would also recommend check out chameleonacademy.com there's great information regarding humidity.

Please confirm what type of chameleon you have (veiled, panther, Jackson) and send pics of your enclosure.
I have Jackson's specification of chameleons.
male-mt-meru-jacksons-chameleon-121-540x540.jpg

• Love
Reactions: M&M
Without getting into specifics till we truly know your chameleon, I'd like to personally suggest the use of wifi/blue tooth thermometer/hygrometers.

Yes, normal digital probes work fine. But they typically can only tell you the temp/humidity when you are looking at it. Whereas wifi/blue tooth can monitor all night and day while you sleep/work and you can always check back on the numbers from the day/night before to make your adjustments as you go.

These units have been the single most important tool (besides the lighting of course) to helping my chameleon thrive by making sure he has the right temps and humidity at each area in his enclosure for both day and night, at any given time. I will list the ones I specifically bought. But there are plenty of good ones out there that have even better features than mine. These have been amazing (and accurate) though. I can't imagine not keeping track of this data in this manner.

Before I had these I was waking myself up in the middle of the night periodically to check on temp + humidity to make sure it was safe (I use a fogger).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BVZC9Q31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom