Chameleonic Curiosity

TwiceVeiled

Avid Member
Do you find your chameleon(s) to be curious about you? Ours seems to like facing, looking and leaning towards humans engaged in conversation, and sometimes about what they are doing. I was doing a little water colour painting/journaling the other day and she just had to get involved.

E6F5ED46-C604-4F68-9AEE-BD5C22CCD21C.jpeg

Just chillin’
02B7F256-9550-42ED-ACCA-39118F6B5A3B.jpeg
wat doin’?
8C9F84EC-BD41-4718-94F4-D63ECD62A3FE.jpeg

Need my help? (i.e. are there any crickets down there?)

PS - the lamp is not hot☺️

That’s so cute! I do think some chameleons are curious and she seems to be so well acclimated to you and her surroundings that she’s not fearful at all. That’s so awesome. My guy is very fearful and doesn’t want me near him at all. I suspect he was wild caught which is sad.

That’s so cute! I do think some chameleons are curious and she seems to be so well acclimated to you and her surroundings that she’s not fearful at all. That’s so awesome. My guy is very fearful and doesn’t want me near him at all. I suspect he was wild caught which is s
That’s so cute! I do think some chameleons are curious and she seems to be so well acclimated to you and her surroundings that she’s not fearful at all. That’s so awesome. My guy is very fearful and doesn’t want me near him at all. I suspect he was wild caught which is sad.
Who knows? Maybe he will get more used to you eventually. When we first got her, she did not want to be looked at or touched and was very fearful. We’ve had her two years now and she is pretty comfortable.

Veiled I have no clue about locales and that stuff I got him from petsmart (now I know that it’s not goood to get from there) and they gave me no info besides veiled 😂
I like veileds! This is our first chameleon and we bought it from Kijiji for rehoming and it’s worked out so well:) They sold it to us as a male and surprise! It was like Anne of Green Gables

:ROFLMAO: EXTREMELY! :ROFLMAO: Any time we're within my male panther's sight, it seems he's got an interested eye on us. Lately he's been getting quite bold as well.

My beardie is the same way—very curious/interested.
That’s so interesting! I wonder what motivates them to be interested besides possibility of food (or is it possibility of food? 🙃)

Be careful she doesn't burn her feet on the light.
Our light isn’t hot.... but one time when she was free ranging on her plants she made her way to the floor and then climbed up the cords of her cage lights to the top of her cage! She was safe, thanks be to God... but we keep an eye on her when she’s free ranging lest she get too... creative 🙂

My female veiled want NOTHING to do with me, with the exception of once a month, she come to the branch closest to her cage door, and just sits there waiting for me to take her out. i put my hand out, and she happily crawls out on my hand, we walk around, sit on the couch, I put her back in her cage after 10-15 minutes, and it's back to the regular hissing at the sight of me. Silly lil' girl.😄

My female veiled want NOTHING to do with me, with the exception of once a month, she come to the branch closest to her cage door, and just sits there waiting for me to take her out. i put my hand out, and she happily crawls out on my hand, we walk around, sit on the couch, I put her back in her cage after 10-15 minutes, and it's back to the regular hissing at the sight of me. Silly lil' girl.
She sounds hot and cold:) That’s interesting... and possibly frustrating that she won’t come out more often... she sounds moody! Ours is too... but when she opens her mouth at me I just wait it out and call her bluff... I know she want s to come out☺️

She sounds hot and cold:) That’s interesting... and possibly frustrating that she won’t come out more often... she sounds moody! Ours is too... but when she opens her mouth at me I just wait it out and call her bluff... I know she want s to come out☺️
That's her! I wish she would want to come out more, but in the end chameleons are more of a look but no touch, and it's up to her if and when she wants to come out.:)

Back
Top Bottom