Chameleon won't

Jweezy

My chameleon won't eat the dubia if there not moving I put them in a food container and when they don't move he won eat them, now when I put one near him on a branch he will usually go for it, any ideas why he won't eat them when they don't move? Or how to make them move?

I don't mind releasing them in the cage but then if they hide and he can find them I don't want the roach to escape my girlfriend would have my you know what lol

Just curious thanks

yeah flip them over on their back but then they probably will fall off the branch! lol you could put them upside in the cup though. I only tried feeding them for a short while and they creeped me out too much!

Do you have superworms? If I cup feed roaches and they stop moving I will throw a superworm in there, who will just walk round and round the cup, stirring up the roaches. So they keep the roaches moving, at least a little, and then the chameleon also gets a super as a treat.

As they get older they may start to recognize the shape of the roaches in the feeding cup. Mine will go after the roaches even if they're still, now, just because they recognize them.

hand feed them... This is what I do. I also put crickets and the dubias in the cup together. some times he shoots and hit a dubia or both.

Back
Top Bottom