Chameleon with multiple possible problems..

How’s your little one today? Are you planning on a trip to the vet? Unless you’re having to wait til after Christmas to be seen..

Oh guys I have the best news. His colors came back and he’s no longer pale. I think the humidifier really helped him. He even slowly climbed the side of the box and onto my arm now he’s just resting on my arm. His eyes are still closed most of the time but I’m hopeful he’s doing better. I give him his third shot today

How’s your little one today? Are you planning on a trip to the vet? Unless you’re having to wait til after Christmas to be seen..
So there are no vets open today and there’s not really much they could do for me anyway. I talked to my vet and he said he could do an X-ray and may or may not find something, and give him sq fluids

Here’s photos of his arms. I have been supplementing him ever since I got him but someone mentioned MBD. My vet said his cask was tilted due to being underweight. Let me know what you guys think of his arms.

Attachments

• ED90641F-F295-4827-BD1E-0381EF7D1E7A.jpeg
    ED90641F-F295-4827-BD1E-0381EF7D1E7A.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 3C3F9AED-3803-47F4-AE7E-0190F00C1CFA.jpeg
    3C3F9AED-3803-47F4-AE7E-0190F00C1CFA.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 89
He seems to be bloated? What could be causing this. He poops just fine.

Attachments

• CA91786A-5EB0-4F39-9304-E6BEABBE172A.jpeg
    CA91786A-5EB0-4F39-9304-E6BEABBE172A.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 77
Here’s photos of his arms. I have been supplementing him ever since I got him but someone mentioned MBD. My vet said his cask was tilted due to being underweight. Let me know what you guys think of his arms.
I am not personally familiar with the MBD but I know you’ve just recently set up the correct lighting (please make sure your distance is accurate also) and I believe you stated you supplement calcium without d3 every other feeding and I believe it supposed to be every feeding except 1 per week (that 1 feeding is alternated between calcium with d3 and your multivitamin).

Does anyone have any information on liver failure? He looks bloated all over and I’m not sure if that could be liver failure and his yawning could be do to being bloated from that instead of uri. I don’t want to give him antibiotics if he’s in liver failure

Does anyone have any information on liver failure? He looks bloated all over and I’m not sure if that could be liver failure and his yawning could be do to being bloated from that instead of uri. I don’t want to give him antibiotics if he’s in liver failure
I wish I knew, 😞I hope someone here with more experience will reply soon. But I would call the vet if there’s an emergency vet available today that will at least answer your questions over the phone or thru text.

His system is compromised right now. You can see clearly with how deep the eyes are in the turrets and how bony the tail now looks.

While yes he may very well have internal organ function issues. That is not typically what you see when things like liver and kidney failure happen. You normally see gout in the limbs.

He really does not look well at all. I honestly am really surprised he has made it this long. Not trying to sound mean at all just from how he looks.

Unless the emergency vet has chameleon experience they will not know how to treat him. This can cause more harm then good.

@kinyonga might be able to give you more answers to your questions.

His system is compromised right now. You can see clearly with how deep the eyes are in the turrets and how bony the tail now looks.

While yes he may very well have internal organ function issues. That is not typically what you see when things like liver and kidney failure happen. You normally see gout in the limbs.

He really does not look well at all. I honestly am really surprised he has made it this long. Not trying to sound mean at all just from how he looks.

Unless the emergency vet has chameleon experience they will not know how to treat him. This can cause more harm then good.

@kinyonga might be able to give you more answers to your questions.
He is looking much better than he did yesterday thank goodness. He is staying hydrated and I got some nice white urates today. He won’t eat although I will keep trying. And there are no vets open today that are exotic but I don’t trust them anyway, my vet said he wasn’t really sure what to do. I’m trying to get food in him and I’m keeping him 85 to keep his immune system going during the day and only down to 74-75 at night and I think that’s what made him turn out better today. I also gave him .25 ml of water after his antibiotic today. Do you think there is anything else I should be doing?

He is looking much better than he did yesterday thank goodness. He is staying hydrated and I got some nice white urates today. He won’t eat although I will keep trying. And there are no vets open today that are exotic but I don’t trust them anyway, my vet said he wasn’t really sure what to do. I’m trying to get food in him and I’m keeping him 85 to keep his immune system going during the day and only down to 74-75 at night and I think that’s what made him turn out better today. I also gave him .25 ml of water after his antibiotic today. Do you think there is anything else I should be doing?
I think your doing about as much as you can at this point. Keep him comfortable and hope that what your doing is enough to help him fight the infection. I wish I had a better answer for you.

I hope this isn’t all my fault. I thought I was doing the right things for him but I probably messed up somewhere along the time I had him. I’m trying my hardest to help him and I hope it’s enough.

Yes he pooped today too. Might’ve had some blood in it but last time I took his poop in for a fecal it came back negative. I would take this one in but no ones open today so I have it in a ziplock in the fridge.
Are you sure it's blood or just really orange urates? A picture would be helpful (glad to hear you already plan on having it looked at by the vet).

I hope this isn’t all my fault. I thought I was doing the right things for him but I probably messed up somewhere along the time I had him. I’m trying my hardest to help him and I hope it’s enough.
Don’t be too hard on yourself! Honestly if I hadn’t joined the forums my chameleon would be either very sick or dead by now. Following the advice of the pet store associates isn’t always accurate, following the directions on the multivitamin bottle is deadly, and buying the lights and vines with pictures of chameleons are a waste of money and dangerous for our little ones. It’s hard to sort the facts from the (pardon my French) BS. So know that you are now being giving the correct information and best advice available to you by people with the most experience. ☺️

Are you sure it's blood or just really orange urates? A picture would be helpful (glad to hear you already plan on having it looked at by the vet).
The ‘blood’ was in the stool part not the urates and it was mucousy like blood I believe. I’m just confused because his last came back negative but maybe I didn’t get the sample in quick enough the first time

Back
Top Bottom