chameleon weezing at night

tasio

hello ,

i got an ambilobe panther chameleon he is about 5 months old and he sometimes weezes at night or when i hold him, he eats and drinks fine and he never has his mouth open , is this a normal thing?anyone has experience some kind of similar problem ?

most likely a URI. If this is the first time ur hearing it then quickly amp up the temps to see if you can get rid of it before it gets bad. If its been a while a vet visit is in order and youll need an antibiotic

Agreed - respiratory issues. Don't handle him, let him be as stress free as possible and turn up the temp. Since reptiles can't regulate thier body temps by themselves, increasing the temps in his enclosure will be akin to a fevor which can knock it out - could take a week or more. He will continue to eat and drink even as it gets bad so take action when you notice bubbling in the mouth. A vet will prescribe antiobitics - usually Baytril - it'll do the trick.

hello ,

i got an ambilobe panther chameleon he is about 5 months old and he sometimes weezes at night or when i hold him, he eats and drinks fine and he never has his mouth open , is this a normal thing?anyone has experience some kind of similar problem ?

I think you have been given some good advice. What is the current basking temperature? Make sure not to temporarily increase the temperature so much that you end up burning your chameleon.

I took him to the vet last tuesday to have him checked up and i need to take him again to see if he has parasite i think the basking temperature is about 85º and normally the temperature dont go any lower than 70 -75º ... when the vet looked at him the vet opened his mouth and said that it was fine nothing wrong there ,it does get a bit chilly at night at about 60 -70 so ill try to keep the temperature a bit higher, next time i go to the vet to see if he has parasites ill ask about it but he does it very rarely like maybe once or twice every two three days,ill wont handle him asmuch as i was trying to tame so i took him out about everyday for like 10 mins ,he is a very chilled cham dont really gets pissed at anything anymore so ill leave him alone for a bit thanks for all the replies ... ill keep in touch see what the vets tells me :)

Back
Top Bottom