Chameleon Stress

kyle_l

Hi everyone! So this has been happening lately, my chameleon has been super dark lately. I'm not sure why, I researched a lot before I got him. I have his basking side at the right temp. I have him in a glass cage, (well ventilated). He just always puffs up and stays dark in his cage. He usually pretty bright in the morning, but when I get up turn on his lights. Daily mist everything, etc. He just gets these dark spots and puffs up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1EB31173-1B44-4635-B252-B333D2B0327D.jpeg
    1EB31173-1B44-4635-B252-B333D2B0327D.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 137
Based on the pic not much to go bye. But is there anything new happening. Like maybe a dog, cat or bird or maybe even more than usual foot traffic.

Based on the pic not much to go bye. But is there anything new happening. Like maybe a dog, cat or bird or maybe even more than usual foot traffic.
No, not really. I do have other pets. I've had them for a while now. He didn't seem to mind them when I first got him. Foot traffic not much. Every time I leave my room I close the door, and I try to be quiet.

Ohhhhh ok. Thank you so much! Sorry for the inconvenience, I just want to take great care of him, and make sure he's ok!
when a chameleon gets darker, it is to absorb more light. dark surfaces are hotter than light ones. so if you were to put you chameleon in the fridge (don't do that) They will get really dark in order to absorb more light and become hotter.

when a chameleon gets darker, it is to absorb more light. dark surfaces are hotter than light ones. so if you were to put you chameleon in the fridge (don't do that) They will get really dark in order to absorb more light and become hotter.
Yeah, I had heard about that and seen it. I just didn't know they got THAT dark. Lol, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom