chameleon sleeping not waking up

Her cage is looking good! Make sure to remove any uneaten crickets before lights out or they may feed on her! You could put a dish of veggies in the bottom of the cage as well and then they would eat the veggies and not her.
i couldn't find a single live cricket, but i figured they could have been eaten or were hiding from me, which was fine with me, I have many crickets left

Update! Leah has fallen back asleep. i put the new light on and I'm still dusting her bugs, but today she didn't eat, at least not from me or while I was watching. However, I did dump in some crickets and leave the house. then tonight, about 20 minutes until her light turned off I caught her asleep. but, she hasn't been in her usual sleeping spot near the end of the day. here's also an update on the cageView attachment 315482
I found some plants at home depot and found them on the safe plant list and washed them and put them in the cage, and they're looking fine! i was going to see how she likes the plants but I didn't want to bring her out if she was feeling sickly anyways. i didn't want to stress her out.
The update looks good, I'd just make sure you get the proper uvb and add some branches. I suggest a 48" T5HO fixture. Also I don't see a timer on the picture, not sure if you have it or not.. in case you don't that's a must-have!! After adding those and the branches I'd say the last thing would be a mistking and you'd be good to go 👍👍 btw it's normal for chameleons to start sleeping before the lights turn off, as long it's a consistent routine. I wouldn't worry too much about crickets eating your cham imo, they're animals that survive in the wild just fine, not babies in a dumpster 😉

i couldn't find a single live cricket, but i figured they could have been eaten or were hiding from me, which was fine with me, I have many crickets left
IME, they're good at hiding, as are roaches. I've had crickets show up—dead or alive—up to a week after escaping into the enclosure. Sometimes they just show up dead in the drainage tray or bucket.

Once when I had to do some major plant work, I found a small intrusion of dubias (about 10) between a couple of rectangular planters—hiding from the light, of course. The roaches can't climb out of the feeder bowl, so the only way they could've gotten there is if Ol' GrumpyPants either dropped—or spit them—out of his mouth.

Enclosure looks great.

Also, corn plants aren’t the greatest plants for chams because they don’t have branches to climb, only very broad slick leaves. I had one in my cage and I switched it out for a ficus tree. You can also try getting an umbrella tree also known as a schefflera. Your cage is awesome! You did a great job on it.
im mainly using it for cover, weaving sticks and branches all through it, providing like a nature walk of sorts. I looked for s achefflera and couldn't find one at any stores, so I got a gardenia.

im mainly using it for cover, weaving sticks and branches all through it, providing like a nature walk of sorts. I looked for s achefflera and couldn't find one at any stores, so I got a gardenia.
My panther loves the dracaenas (corn plants); on the tall ones, he climbs up the leaves near the stalk just like they're branches. I thought he'd break a couple/few off but he hasn't.

Don't know where you've been shopping, but I was surprised our local big-box stores are getting shipments all winter. The trick is to know the deliveries schedules.

My panther loves the dracaenas (corn plants); on the tall ones, he climbs up the leaves near the stalk just like they're branches. I thought he'd break a couple/few off but he hasn't.

Don't know where you've been shopping, but I was surprised our local big-box stores are getting shipments all winter. The trick is to know the deliveries schedules.

i live in the hell's armpit that is texas, where I can get plants year-round from the outdoor department. i just peruse the low-light sections and look up the plants on a chameleon safe plant website.

i love lowes and home depot, but their pothos was 15 dollars for a little plant? id rather take a month to grow that from my original babies.

i live in the hell's armpit that is texas, where I can get plants year-round from the outdoor department. i just peruse the low-light sections and look up the plants on a chameleon safe plant website.

i love lowes and home depot, but their pothos was 15 dollars for a little plant? id rather take a month to grow that from my original babies.
Can't argue with that—pothos are so ubiquitous. I just remembered... Some folks here have found some good plant deals at Wallymart as well. Pretty much the same kinds of plants found at the other two, but around $5 less IIRC.

You might also look for Madagascar Jasmine ( Stephanotis floribunda ) at those places. They've been on Lowes' & Wallymart websites, but not available here in the snow belt. IDK if it's on the safe lists, but perhaps should be, and should go well in a panther habitat.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1509352/?q=Madagascar+Jasmine&o=relevance

Michaels' website has them as well, but they want almost $100 for a decent sized one. 🤯🔫

Back
Top Bottom