Chameleon Poop 101

How has she been behaving since she had the dewormer?
When did she have the first dose of dewormer?
What antibiotic and dewormer did they give you?

hello!!
3 year old female Jackson new owner here. 3 weeks with our dear Gladys and she finally ate a hornworm today. So apparently She has two worms according to the vet: pinworms and round worms. Her Poop has changed drastically. See the transition. What would cause poop get to this color tho. It looks normal through the grayish cementish poop but it is as rank and super gross! She’s on antibiotics and a dewormer. Any help would be appreciated ❤️
update on poop!!!! I think we are looking good here! Share your thoughts!

hello!!
3 year old female Jackson new owner here. 3 weeks with our dear Gladys and she finally ate a hornworm today. So apparently She has two worms according to the vet: pinworms and round worms. Her Poop has changed drastically. See the transition. What would cause poop get to this color tho. It looks normal through the grayish cementish poop but it is as rank and super gross! She’s on antibiotics and a dewormer. Any help would be appreciated ❤️
Update on poop! Thoughts? E74CCF0E-59AC-4CF6-89F1-7A489DBE9C33.jpeg 66C1518C-289B-4327-9EE9-000FD20C0183.jpeg 66C1518C-289B-4327-9EE9-000FD20C0183.jpeg 91270E9A-E1E2-4ACE-AAA7-216B3A799209.jpeg

My goodness Hyde just had a giant poop. She's a bit dehydrated based off her urates, she also hadn't gone in a few days so that's probably factor as well. Will continue to mist and leave her dripper so she can drink.

Attachments

• 20210426_165750.jpg
    20210426_165750.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 169
My goodness Hyde just had a giant poop. She's a bit dehydrated based off her urates, she also hadn't gone in a few days so that's probably factor as well. Will continue to mist and leave her dripper so she can drink.
It is pretty mucosy as well. This can happen if they hold them longer but it is very common if they have parasites as well.

It is pretty mucosy as well. This can happen if they hold them longer but it is very common if they have parasites as well.
Thank you for the feedback. I will keep an eye on her other ones. I did have her tested for parasites back in January but can always get another test done. I've been planning on making another appointment for a more comprehensive checkup with the vet recommended for chameleons in my area :)

Biggest poop I've seen from my cham yet lol. Lots of bsfl and dubia roaches. Never notices a smell before but this one smelled a little bit. Is that a concern?

Attachments

• 20210428_134351.jpg
    20210428_134351.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 166
As OP mentioned `A small amount of mostly clear fluid with the urates is true urine and indicates good hydration, but is not always present`
In 90% of my chams poop looks like this which and should indicate the chams are good hydrated.

Jacksons.jpg
(Sonny´s gift 😇)

This is also the case for my `free ranged` Veiled and Jackson. I know there´re many which are pro fogger and many as much are anti fogger. In my own situation I use a fogger and even more precise I follow the exact hydration schedule provided by the Chameleon Academy, except the dripper. For many months on row I receive these nice clear, white with brown presents and I just wanted to share this with you ;)

More following the same principal and getting the same results?

👍🏻👍🏻 As an anti fogger 😉 (with dripper, wasn’t it?)
I'm not an anti-fogger. I just figured I'd try a few things before spending the $ on a fogger and doing major surgery on the enclosure to install & futz with it. As it turned out, I don't need a fogger to hit nighttime humidity levels. I'm getting good levels just running the mister a few times during the night. It raises the humidity and lowers the temp via evaporative cooling.

No dripper. I mist at ~noon as well so there's always water to drink. ;)

I'm not an anti-fogger.
I know, therefore the ;), and know you're not using one. Okay check, you mist a few times during the night. For the Veiled only ones a night and the Jackson no nightly misting. I think I wont achieve the right humidity with free range with only misting.

(y)(y)

I know, therefore the ;), and know you're not using one. Okay check, you mist a few times during the night. For the Veiled only ones a night and the Jackson no nightly misting. I think I wont achieve the right humidity with free range with only misting.

(y)(y)
You're probably right—🤷‍♂️—every situation has potential to be different. Whatever works to get the job done as best we can. :)

You're probably right—🤷‍♂️—every situation has potential to be different. Whatever works to get the job done as best we can. :)
101% true.

I’m always a bit curious about people having hydration problems in relation to there used hydration method. And there poop I’m of the only indicators you’re doing things right. Because I’ve never my Veiled drink (even checked it in stealth mode) therefore in my case I think the fogger plays a major part in it.

I wanted to add these photos to the thread as it's especially fresh. Also, she's been on a wetter, than normal diet lately and this is the result.
Jumbo Jackson.

Attachments

• 20221028_141057.jpg
    20221028_141057.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20221028_141224.jpg
    20221028_141224.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 82
I wanted to add these photos to the thread as it's especially fresh. Also, she's been on a wetter, than normal diet lately and this is the result.
Jumbo Jackson.
They’re big drinkers and getting their fecals completely white seems almost impossible. It seems like there’re always some orange crystals around the white urate for 1/5 till 1/2 and I only witness this with my Jackson. How do you hydrate her?

Fogger and humidifier at night. I used to use a fountain because I thought I could keep up with the cleaning but it's entirely too much work so I'm switching to a dripper. She went through a phase where she quit eating. I got worried and gave her a couple doses for the liquid Mazrui diet. Turns out she just stopped liking her feeding dish and started eating normal when I bought her a fancy new dish. So, I'm hoping that the weird poo is just the remaining liquid diet leaving her system.

Back
Top Bottom