chameleon on floor

jah

My chameleons been on the floor of the terrarium lately, is this fine/normal? He's approx 6-7 months

About how long does he stay on the floor? They love to explore, so that could be what he's doing. If he scratches at the screen like he wants to get out, it's possible that there's something he doesn't like about the setup.

What species is the chameleon? How big is the cage?

About how long does he stay on the floor? They love to explore, so that could be what he's doing. If he scratches at the screen like he wants to get out, it's possible that there's something he doesn't like about the setup.

What species is the chameleon? How big is the cage?

hes an ambilobe panther, he'll only stay there for a couple minutes then climb back up on the branches. the cage is 24” x 18” x 36”

What are your temps like and how are you measuring them?

Mine started 'roaming' around his cage at that age....looking for a girlfriend and just exploring his territory :)

Maybe heat related. He's trying to go lower and the floor is as far as he can go. Mine did that for awhile too.

Ya hes male, at least i think he is. attached a quick pic i took a week ago. Basking temps at around 80-85,.im thinking hes just exploring, I try and take him out everyday at least for an hour or so. he loves it!

Attachments

• IMG_4136.jpg
    IMG_4136.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 69
He is beautiful!

Thanks:) Crazy how fast they grow up! few months ago he was little tiny grey baby,.Is that yours in your avatar?! awesome pic! i'ved noticed he changes from red-bar to blue-bar, is that normal for a panther?

Thanks. He is a yellow bodied red and blue bar. Sometimes he is green and his bars almost look black. He likes to trick me into thinking he is someone else:p It depends on the panther and the locale, they vary:)

Back
Top Bottom