Chameleon keepers are an odd bunch

well as for being a weirdo im not to much of one but i dont much care for anyone really id rather be left alone for the most part, big fan of animals had them all my life..

and to the person thaty is dying to go to a rave, plain and simple dont its not a place u want to be brings out all the twisted people in society.

and to the other person that was saying that raves never caught on in U.S and canada you must of lived under a rock cause that shit was huge here in canada ,, well in the 90s now people realize there full of morons so no one goes to them anymore

My friends think I am normal and a "Barbie" type girl but... I AM weird, I prefer chameleons over puppies, and due to my asthma seem to be collecting more scaly critters than furry friends. I am a Health Administration Manager major, run and bike, have a boyfriend and great family, and seem totally normal. But as Ataraxia stated... I am weird no matter how hard I want to fight it :p

I'll admit I can be a little socially awkward at times but I've found my chams are a great conversation topic especially when meeting new people. Makes me seem like the most interesting man in the world ;) haha

well as for being a weirdo im not to much of one but i dont much care for anyone really id rather be left alone for the most part, big fan of animals had them all my life..

and to the person thaty is dying to go to a rave, plain and simple dont its not a place u want to be brings out all the twisted people in society.

and to the other person that was saying that raves never caught on in U.S and canada you must of lived under a rock cause that shit was huge here in canada ,, well in the 90s now people realize there full of morons so no one goes to them anymore

Well said, I totally agree..:cool:

I enjoy the unique things in my life. I love Chams, vespa's, and fishing. All things that kind of require me to do alone. But I am retired from the army, I am a proud father and husband. I love people. I have coached sports, mentor to young soldiers, and a good neighbor. So maybe I like solitary activities but I do ok with people also.

im not at all! i talk lots and lots all the time to everyone. :D

on the plants thing. omgsh my room is a rain forest :rolleyes:

oh my....just went thru and read about all of ya'll XD! sounds like a fun bunch! ^^

ps- on the wiredness note, whos not? i dont go around tossing it to people but they eventually find out:rolleyes::D

Last edited:

How does it bring out all the twisted people in society? Have you ever been to a sports event? I've seen so much violence there. Even rock shows, I have witnessed people getting stabbed for no reason at all! Electronic dance music festivals have the nicest people around. It gathers people from all walks of life, and are very accepting. I for one am not twisted. If you are going to assume everyone is on drugs, you are wrong. There's so many sober people that go to these events. I don't take drugs, besides alcohol. Even then I am responsible. It's just another genre of music.

You completely misread my statement!

It never caught on here in the states, or in Canada, the same way it did in the U.K

It never did catch on here, or in Canada, like it did in the U.K...
Not even in the 90's. I was pretty much living under a rock at that time, on the account I was a little kid. My point was, it was way more mainstream elsewhere. You, however, must be living under a rock now. It's bigger here than ever! These events are multi-million dollar productions. Not some sketchy wharehouse party. Coachella had 240,000 people attend a multi-genre event, E.D.C. has 300,000 people attend for a single genre of music. Kaskade is headlining an event at the staples center, same place Madonna plays. She recently made an appearance at Ultra in Florida where thousands of people attended. Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas, also DJ'S. Rhianna's top hits right now are mixed by Calvin Harris. Mainstream music is filled with electronic music. Wall Street recently started to notice, and is trying to cash in. In every state people are flocking by the thousands to attend. It's catching on like wildfire, clearly you are out of touch with today's youth. It's bit unfair to call people that attend these events, "morons." As you have obviously not met many of them. Most of the people that go are college kids. On a further note I must say I have 4.0 GPA, & graduated H.S. with honors at 16.

I think it is interesting this thread has migrated to raves and such.

Further proof we're all weird.

What the heck is normal? Is it living as close as possible to the norms presented by mainstream media? Is it following some socio agenda presented for you to optimize your spending and be the most productive clone possible? Socially awkward? It is a rare few who aren't at least a little awkward and those that aren't are well practiced, it is a skill not a trait.

I think it is funny that we do not immediately take the badge of not being a sociopath clone and wear it proudly. We are different, we have personalities and unique tastes not dictated to us from a TV commercial. If you are here you have passion for an animal no media told you to buy and love. And if you're a bit socially awkward... most social settings are boring and full of uninteresting people and things. So who cares?

Reptiles Keeper's In General

are considered "weird" becuae their hobby includes creatures that people think have no emotion and cannot love you they way a dog can. But they show it in a unique way and the truth is they have been around longer than us and are very hardy compared to many other animals. I am one of the only people in my school who is interested herptology and I always show my friends them.

Sucks for you guys, i'm the freakin man. ahahahaha. Just kidding i'm a loser like the rest of you on this forum. Ahaha I'm an artist / designer and get paid well to do so, so i'm basking in my weirdness and profiting from it i guess.

Nah but seriously girls come over my crib and think i'm weird at first when they see my entire NYC one bedroom apartment is basically one gigantic free range, then I explain about the chameleons and what they do and why I dig them and then all of sudden the girls are like.... "well can I hold em" "Can I feed em" "Holy SH*T these chams are amazing"........and i'm like "yuppppp"

Sucks for you guys, i'm the freakin man. ahahahaha. Just kidding i'm a loser like the rest of you on this forum. Ahaha I'm an artist / designer and get paid well to do so, so i'm basking in my weirdness and profiting from it i guess.

Nah but seriously girls come over my crib and think i'm weird at first when they see my entire NYC one bedroom apartment is basically one gigantic free range, then I explain about the chameleons and what they do and why I dig them and then all of sudden the girls are like.... "well can I hold em" "Can I feed em" "Holy SH*T these chams are amazing"........and i'm like "yuppppp"

lmaoo@ "yuppppp"!!

This is true till you get to WHAT you feed them!! lmaoo

are considered "weird" becuae their hobby includes creatures that people think have no emotion and cannot love you they way a dog can.

I think this is an interesting point.

I've always wondered why someone would need an animal to love them back. Perhaps Herp keepers are more healthy on an emotional level because they aren't in need of an animal's love to validate them?

I think this is an interesting point.

I've always wondered why someone would need an animal to love them back. Perhaps Herp keepers are more healthy on an emotional level because they aren't in need of an animal's love to validate them?

Awwwwww snap. he just got served

lol out of touch ill totally agree with that im30 now so yea what the "youth" are up to now is of no concern. as for the violence at other events ill give you that one but ive never had to restart some stupid junkie heart that decided to OD at a sporting event or concert, nor have i had to run out of an event cause someone decided to shoot a few rounds off at a rival drug dealer inside the rave nor have i slipped on fresh blood that had poured out of a freshly throat at a sporting event so thats why i say raves are not a place to go find something more productive to do with your time

Back
Top Bottom