Chameleon is constantly angry?

So I haven't been here in a while but I'm back. I cane to report a situation that is happening with my recent 3 month old female veiled chameleon. She gets really mad for no reason. I take her out and put her in a more confined area so she can eat, because the crickets in her cage usually stay near the bottom and she stays at the top, and they also escape somehow. When I try to take her out, she starts to turn black and hisses and tries to bite me. I'm willing to do anything to find out what it is. And if it's hormone problems then I'll just have to wait.

So I haven't been here in a while but I'm back. I cane to report a situation that is happening with my recent 3 month old female veiled chameleon. She gets really mad for no reason. I take her out and put her in a more confined area so she can eat, because the crickets in her cage usually stay near the bottom and she stays at the top, and they also escape somehow. When I try to take her out, she starts to turn black and hisses and tries to bite me. I'm willing to do anything to find out what it is. And if it's hormone problems then I'll just have to wait.

She's not "angry", she's stressed out. And, there is a reason. She doesn't like being removed from her territory every single day. Don't confine the cham, confine the crickets. Put them in a container that is large enough that they don't tend to jump out as much. There are lots of ways to offer feeders to a cham inside its enclosure. A forum search will bring up dozens. Quietly and calmly transfer the crickets to keep them from getting agitated and jumping around. Add a little pinch of cricket food to the container. Put this container in her cage where she can climb conveniently close to watch them move around and shoot when she's ready. Don't position it right under a dripper or spray nozzle. Remove uneaten feeders and return them to their own container so they can eat. They don't stay gutloaded or dusted very long.

Last edited:
She's not "angry", she's stressed out. And, there is a reason. She doesn't like being removed from her territory every single day. Don't confine the cham, confine the crickets. Put them in a container that is large enough that they don't tend to jump out as much. There are lots of ways to offer feeders to a cham inside its enclosure. A forum search will bring up dozens. Quietly and calmly transfer the crickets from their bin to the container to keep them from getting agitated and jumping around. Add a little pinch of cricket food to the container. Put this container in her cage where she can climb conveniently close to watch them move around and shoot when she's ready. Don't position it right under a dripper or spray nozzle. Remove uneaten feeders and return them to their own container so they can eat. They don't stay gutloaded or dusted very long.

Back
Top Bottom