Chameleon is acting different

kevtr0n

Pixel is a Grier Panther chameleon.
He is about 7 months old.
He has two enclosures: A 12x12x24 glass and a 18x18x36 cage.
His diet is a mixture of his staple crickets and I supplement it with superworms and waxworms.

So Pixel has been wanting to leave his enclosure every day for the past few weeks. I let him free roam my room, but I can't give him the humidity and heat requirements for him in my room as I live in NY, so I try and limit his trips to outside his cage (24x12x12). He doesn't seem to want to eat and I suspect it is because he wants to come out of his cage. Is it about time to move him into the bigger cage? It is a bit harder for me to maintain 60-70% humidity in the cage setup, would it be better to move him into the bigger cage where I can give him 40-50% and just mist him more? Thank you for any help.

Edit: His stools have a nice white urea on the top so he is not dehydrated. Also he always seems to be digging through the substrate on the bottom of the enclosure.

Pixel is a Grier Panther chameleon.
He is about 7 months old.
He has two enclosures: A 12x12x24 glass and a 18x18x36 cage.
His diet is a mixture of his staple crickets and I supplement it with superworms and waxworms.

So Pixel has been wanting to leave his enclosure every day for the past few weeks. I let him free roam my room, but I can't give him the humidity and heat requirements for him in my room as I live in NY, so I try and limit his trips to outside his cage (24x12x12). He doesn't seem to want to eat and I suspect it is because he wants to come out of his cage. Is it about time to move him into the bigger cage? It is a bit harder for me to maintain 60-70% humidity in the cage setup, would it be better to move him into the bigger cage where I can give him 40-50% and just mist him more? Thank you for any help.

Edit: His stools have a nice white urea on the top so he is not dehydrated. Also he always seems to be digging through the substrate on the bottom of the enclosure.
Send pics. Its normal for a chameleon to want to roam. They look for new territory and possible mates. But tge digging is weird are you sur he isnt a she

Haha I am pretty sure he is a boy. His colors from what I have read indicate he is a boy.

29789892_1115256091950926_6947432393591198522_n.jpg

Supplements are daily calcium without D3, once a week calcium with D3, and once a week herptivite multivitamin.
Lighting is 100 watt heat lamp and a UVB lamp.
I have a reptile fogger going 12 hours a day in his setup as well.

Supplements are daily calcium without D3, once a week calcium with D3, and once a week herptivite multivitamin.
Lighting is 100 watt heat lamp and a UVB lamp.
I have a reptile fogger going 12 hours a day in his setup as well.
Use d3 and vitamins every 2 weeks alternatinly or together

Go for a 2x2x4 screen cage. He will be able to roam more. Theyre about 110 bucks in the us i think so it will be a good investment for his whole life.

He could be to hot and friend to escape the heat but you said it’s not hot enough so I’m not really sure about this one

Yeah my room is around 65 degrees and the thermometer in his cage says its about 85-90 in his basking spot.

Back
Top Bottom