Chameleon Hiding From Water Mist

Puterguru

My Chameleon likes to frequently go up and into the corners when the water is about to come on so that he can hide. He also put his foot on the nozzle sometimes. I was wondering what options you guys think would be good to stick in the corners of the cage so that he cant get up there? I was thinking Styrofoam but it probably would look good and would get moldy? Thanks in advance.

46abr.jpg

Full Setup:

1vrx.jpg

Any other suggestions? I'll certainly figure something out but, thought that others might have had this problem...

Not sure if this will help you but mine also would run away to a higher ground.

I started giving him warm misting sessions and added a aqaurium heater to the bucket that i use for my mister and now he stays in place, doesnt bother him now.

I actually see him drinking alot now.

maybe try a rain dome? That way he has the option of being directly under the water or not. I have rain domes for both of my chameleons and they love it.

maybe try a rain dome? That way he has the option of being directly under the water or not. I have rain domes for both of my chameleons and they love it.
I agree with Julia, they are also easy to make DIY. I made mine using the mistking nozzle attached to the bottom of a plastic tuperware flipped over and attach it to the top of the cage. You just have to have a good place to place it over, so I have it ontop of a hanging pothos.

Also I'd like to see some better pictures of that great cage!

I just ordered a Mist King this morning. I think I'll try a diy raindome as well to avoid this situation entirely. Thor is already cranky about most things. I'd rather not add another to his list of "I hates."

We bought a Mist King and it is pretty great. Make sure you buy a bucket with a lid before it comes so you can set it up right away. We bought an empty paint bucket with lid...

My cham isn't too fond of being sprayed directly so I set it up so the misting stays mostly to a clump of fake plants and he has a vine he can hang on under the basking light that's out of the spray.
Since I changed it up this way he's gotten much more calm about the mister coming on.

We bought a Mist King and it is pretty great. Make sure you buy a bucket with a lid before it comes so you can set it up right away. We bought an empty paint bucket with lid...

I'd love to set it up immediately, but my system is supposed to come tomorrow and my drip pan won't be in until Wednesday at the latest. Le sigh.

When you get your MistKing pump, make yourself a Rain Ring.

It's much better then the 2 attachments currently on the market.
And super easy to make, your cham will not only not run and hide, he will love being under the rain:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/diy-rain-attachment-128607/

Someone posted a video of my Rain Ring in action.
Check it out.

Nice. With the way I built my enclosure, that would probably work better than a nozzle or dome. I'll have to give it a shot this afternoon after work.

Yes, it does work better, and it's on the inside of the cage, not filtered through the screen.
Do try it, I know you will be pleased with the results.

You can pick up a needle valve at the Loews or Home Depot. Or you can get one from eBay.
Just make sure it has both in and output 1/4'' compression fit nuts and ferrules.

Back
Top Bottom