Chameleon Growth Rate?

karma_chameleon

Hey! I recently got my first Chameleon around the beginning of September and I'm concerned she's not growing much! She was around 8g when I got her and she's 14g now, I'm used to cresties so I'm not sure if this is normal or not!

She is in an 18x18x36 reptibreeze with lots of plants and branches, she has a basking spot of 80-85 and 70-75 on the cooler side, as well as a linear reptisun 5.0 UVB. I have a misting system which goes off 2x a day as well as a drip system which runs periodically.

I cup feed/free feed (crickets jump out lol) her small-medium crickets as she will not hand feed, crickets are dusted with calcium/vitamins on a rotating schedule. I rarely actually see her eat but she has consistent stools in her cage. She has yet to show any interest in worms and such. I recently went away and boarded her at a local reptile facility and when I came back she was finishing a shed, and still has some stuck on her cheeks and her back!

I'm a husbandry geek so I want to make sure she's getting everything she needs and growing properly as I am a first time Cham owner! Any and all advice is appreciated :)

Picture of her tank and herself is attached!

Attachments

• IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2324.JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 133
Might be wrong but looks like you got a male. :oops::rolleyes: They have different times they start rapid growth some a little latter than others. Usually young chameleons shed they can get through it pretty quick my little guy only takes a few hours for a complete shed.

Might be wrong but looks like you got a male. :oops::rolleyes: They have different times they start rapid growth some a little latter than others. Usually young chameleons shed they can get through it pretty quick my little guy only takes a few hours for a complete shed.

I've been told several times she's female! I could be wrong though, here's a couple more pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG