Chameleon future owner

Correct - the hlg 65 are not dimmable with the included drivers! Nothing suspension doesnt fix, but it would be more aesthetically pleasing if i could have been able to place them flush in the enclosure without melting things/frying my plants haha! One day I'll pick up a dimmable driver and fix it, for how it's fine.

The upper left one there is a neoregalia 'fireball' - it loves all the light, and is continuing to redden with time! It had been starving for light in the window it was in previously, and had almost completely reverted to green. I'm hoping my neoregalia c. Lindas cheer up soon and develop all of their speckles and yellow sheen, and n. Gorion gets its pink blush back!

I may have to find one for myself lol, I really like that one.

Correct - the hlg 65 are not dimmable with the included drivers! Nothing suspension doesnt fix, but it would be more aesthetically pleasing if i could have been able to place them flush in the enclosure without melting things/frying my plants haha! One day I'll pick up a dimmable driver and fix it, for how it's fine.

The upper left one there is a neoregalia 'fireball' - it loves all the light, and is continuing to redden with time! It had been starving for light in the window it was in previously, and had almost completely reverted to green. I'm hoping my neoregalia c. Lindas cheer up soon and develop all of their speckles and yellow sheen, and n. Gorion gets its pink blush back!
I may have to find one for myself lol, I really like that one.

:ROFLMAO: , nevermind, pretty sure I know where to find one now that I've seen a pic of a full red one. Pretty sure my grandma has some of the fireball and fireball x aztec at her house lol. I'll have to look in the gardens next time I'm there.

Set up one:
One of these with one of the bulbs linked earlier.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html

Two of these (4000k version) in parallel:

https://horticulturelightinggroup.c...cts/qb288-quantum-board?variant=5712407167003

Wired to one of these (may need their heat sinks for the second option ) both are dimmable drivers. You can go up in driver strength and push more power to them but you will definitely need the heatsinks to do so :

Set up two:

One of these with one of the bulbs linked earlier.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html

Four of these (4000k version, comes as a set of four, no heatsinks needed, will most likely need dimmed via the driver but, they are only sold as a set of four for the diy side):

https://horticulturelightinggroup.c...ts/qb120-quantum-board?variant=14318971551793

Wired in parallel to one of these:

HLG-240H-24 - 4 or more in parallel

Or series to one of these:

HLG-240H-C2100 - 4x in series

Set up three:

Two of these, a bit more then a single quad but, has the benefit of moving them for "better distrobution" of the across the cage. As noted before, may still need to supplement with led bulbs posted prior.

https://www.amazon.com/Oppolite-Fluorescent-Horticulture-Gardening-Fixtures/dp/B07DJ6B3PV?th=1&psc=1

Set up four:

Single quad pictured earlier, same as above may still need to supplement with led bulb.
I ended up going with setup 3. Thank you again for all of the excellent advice. It really helped!

You're welcome :). Are you doing "living wall" backgrounds (like @GoodKarma19 enclosure) or...
Sorry I missed this and responded on the other. I don't know which is smarter, but I have a ton of living plants that I just purchased. I wanted to maybe make a wall using the pond foam, and have the planters up high. I really want to do bioactive though, and will either do that separately and then incorporate it, or just wait to get my boy until my bioactive is set up. Someone had mentioned I can start my bioactive, and get the isopods and springtails going in a different container, then make the switch later.

Sorry I missed this and responded on the other. I don't know which is smarter, but I have a ton of living plants that I just purchased. I wanted to maybe make a wall using the pond foam, and have the planters up high. I really want to do bioactive though, and will either do that separately and then incorporate it, or just wait to get my boy until my bioactive is set up. Someone had mentioned I can start my bioactive, and get the isopods and springtails going in a different container, then make the switch later.

Yeah, grab a tub and get the isos and springtails going ahead of time. They will go through an adjustment period then you'll have a bunch of babies lol. Scoop some of your master colony out when your ready to seed the enclosure. I added to the post in the other thread lol.

Yeah, grab a tub and get the isos and springtails going ahead of time. They will go through an adjustment period then you'll have a bunch of babies lol. Scoop some of your master colony out when your ready to seed the enclosure. I added to the post in the other thread lol.
:) Thank you! That was exactly what I was thinking of doing! I really wanted to do the DIY suggestion you gave me, but then I got intimidated and changed my mind. Maybe it'll be something I'll do later. lol

:) Thank you! That was exactly what I was thinking of doing! I really wanted to do the DIY suggestion you gave me, but then I got intimidated and changed my mind. Maybe it'll be something I'll do later. lol

Lol no worries, @GoodKarma19 felt the same way about the diy. I'll be making some up for my new python bio cages soon so I'll take step by step pics in case one of you ever decides to try it out :).

Cool, I forgot to mention I use craft mesh to cover the vent holes. You can get pop in metal ones too but the craft mesh works just as good.
What exactly is craft mesh? When I look for it on Amazon, it doesn't seem right.

What exactly is craft mesh? When I look for it on Amazon, it doesn't seem right.

It's plastic mesh sheets like these. Walmart has a 3 pack for a couple dollars though in the craft/ sewing area.

Screenshot_20191015-114907.png

Edit: sorry, it's a 6 pack for $2.97 at walmart lol.

Screenshot_20191015-121252.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom