Chameleon food?

FiffelGoesWest

i have recently decided to order some food for my veiled chameleon. I want to order something that is high in calcium as wel as just an enjoyable treat. i was looking at the butterworms and the horn worms. I have read what mulberry farms said about the food but i was wondering what others with experience from ordering from here would know. She is currently on a diet of crickets, mealworms and the occasional grasshopper. So what do you think would be a good starter? Is mulberry farms a good place to order from? What is a good high in calcium food? What about the hookworms?

Thanks
Jessica

Mulberryfarms is great. Phoenix worms are really high in calcium, but they are very small. Silk worms are good to feed. Super worms are better to feed than meal worms because they're easier to digest. I believe butterworms, super worms, mealworms, and wax worms are more of a treat. Hornworms are also good, just make sure they aren't wild. Of course, feeders like roaches and crickets are only as good as their gutload, so veggies high in calcium like kale and collard greens are good to feed them. As staple feeders, I suggest roaches and silkworms.

k well i meant have been wrong on the hookworms, i know it was a catipillar that said was very good for chameleons. but, yes I can get superworms from my local petstore...but they bite. i dont think Janis is big enough yet for the size they carry anyways. Which Im sure ordering them I can get different sizes of them. Now Janis likes her veggies, I didnt even know they ate veggies until the live plants i had put in the cage were found half gone! but all is good and i currently put a root ball in her cage hanging so that her favs can grow down. As far as the kale and collard green go i never tried them but im sure she would love them. I give her the mealworms every once in awhile and i agree about the cricket thing thats why i wanted to find her something different. As far as the roaches go i seen them on webbsite but wasnt sure about them. are they the ones that run around houses or something different? and what would be the best way to house these critters?

Back
Top Bottom