Chameleon enclosures

GinjaNinja

Hello all Im starting to see its about time to update and get a bigger enclosure for my Cham could i have some links and places to buy a good enclosure thank you

Hello all Im starting to see its about time to update and get a bigger enclosure for my Cham could i have some links and places to buy a good enclosure thank you

Make your own! Make your own!

In all seriousness I would say if that's not an option for you, I would personally go with what @MissSkittles suggested. Those DIY enclosures look nice. And I personally am not a huge fan of the repti-breeze. They work! But to me they're scary because they are SO light. And that scares me. I highly suggest you get the dragon stand ledges if you buy an enclosure. An absolute must IMO.

However, if you would like to get something bigger, let me know if you have any questions. I made my own 36"x24"x48" enclosure. It's very sturdy, has decent weight to it (but not overly heavy) and I love the size. I think my chameleon does too :)

It was quite a bit of work. And I am NOT the most handy man so, up close a lot of it looks terrible lol. But what's important is the function and it functions perfectly. It just doesn't -look- great in some ways. I also had to rush my enclosure and had limited of time each day to work on it.

And I learned a lot! I think this is something I will do again in the future and I think my next one will be even better (and possibly bigger!). The main advantages of making your own are being able to make it a customizable size to fit you and your chameleon's needs/setup. And of course, you can work on your own budget. To get an enclosure this size would probably cost a ton of money.

I spent more than a 2'x2'x4' but probably close to the DIY enclosures. And I needed to get some tools. Without tools, I could have definitely kept my budget on my enclosure right near the reptibreeze enclosure. Even with the cost of wood today...

Whatever you decide, good luck!

The DIY screen enclosures are also lightweight and so very similar to ReptiBreeze. However, I recently took down and redid my enclosures. Out of 5 ReptiBreezes that I took down, 3 are in various pieces in the garage and not sure if I can even piece together 1 enclosure from the broken pieces. I was shocked to find that one piece had even just rotted thru. Of the 3 DIY enclosures, the only repair needed was where I wasn’t careful and damaged the screen and I need to fix a latch. DIY also stands behind their service. During shipping, the box was damaged and it punctured the screening considerably. I let DIY know and they offered resolution (I think to exchange damaged for new) but I declined and just fixed them myself. They did offer a discount on my next purchase…but I haven’t needed to buy anything from them since then. It’s a small company and I’ll always prefer to support those over corporations too.

The DIY screen enclosures are also lightweight and so very similar to ReptiBreeze. However, I recently took down and redid my enclosures. Out of 5 ReptiBreezes that I took down, 3 are in various pieces in the garage and not sure if I can even piece together 1 enclosure from the broken pieces. I was shocked to find that one piece had even just rotted thru. Of the 3 DIY enclosures, the only repair needed was where I wasn’t careful and damaged the screen and I need to fix a latch. DIY also stands behind their service. During shipping, the box was damaged and it punctured the screening considerably. I let DIY know and they offered resolution (I think to exchange damaged for new) but I declined and just fixed them myself. They did offer a discount on my next purchase…but I haven’t needed to buy anything from them since then. It’s a small company and I’ll always prefer to support those over corporations too.

That's awesome to know. If I do end up ever needing to buy an enclosure that's where I'll go, for sure! The rotting of the Reptibreeze is very concerning. We're obviously constantly hitting these enclosures with water/humidity. I wish there were affordable options for enclosures my size. I would have just bought one lol but in a way I'm glad I made it.

That's awesome to know. If I do end up ever needing to buy an enclosure that's where I'll go, for sure! The rotting of the Reptibreeze is very concerning. We're obviously constantly hitting these enclosures with water/humidity. I wish there were affordable options for enclosures my size. I would have just bought one lol but in a way I'm glad I made it.
All of my enclosures were/are bioactive and I use the root pouches along with substrate trays. I’ve never had any drainage or water issues, so it was a surprise that one of the bottom pieces of frame was just rotted clean thru. Maybe my clean up crew identified it as detritus and was trying to eat it. 😂

All of my enclosures were/are bioactive and I use the root pouches along with substrate trays. I’ve never had any drainage or water issues, so it was a surprise that one of the bottom pieces of frame was just rotted clean thru. Maybe my clean up crew identified it as detritus and was trying to eat it. 😂
Imagine if that was the case!? That would be impressive by them lol!!

Back
Top Bottom