Chameleon at the urate

ChameleonNerd

so i witnessed a rather mortifying event this morning when my female veiled ate her fresh, wet urate that was stuck to a branch. has anybody ever heard of this?

Maybe that was an unfortunate "oops" moment....she's probably mortified that you witnessed it.

Seriously, I'd keep an eye on that. If it's happening repeatedly it has to mean something.

I would have to agree with the opps moment,
saw a white thing dangling and was like oh boy a nice juciy silk.....ohhh NO!!! yuuuckk ;)
But like Eliza suggested I would definalty watch to make sure it is not a reapeating behavouir.

I read this the first time, then had to close it bc my stomach went bleck! On a more serious note, I'm going to have to go with the oops theory. I could see this looking a bit like a silkie. At least let's all hope that you don't have chameleon that has an obsession with eating its own waste... yuck!! :eek:

she doesn't go after her poop out of what i've seen, thank god. and the weirdest part is that she's never had a silk worm. and it was dangling there and i saw her about to shoot her tongue at it, and i shook the cage. i kept shaking the cage to try to get her to pay attention to something else, but in the end she fucking ate it... i literally almost threw up...

Back
Top Bottom