Chameleon and noise/viberations

There are so many possibilities; anything from foam core poster board to PVC panels (there are others—look & shop around) to rigid foam insulation (white, pink, or blue, ¼" or ½").

If you're looking for something to incorporate into a DIY enclosure, I'd go with vinyl (like Dragon Strand uses).

Yes, Beman did an outstanding job in record (IMO) time. For more ideas, there are several threads in the Enclosures forum and—of course—google images.
yeah those sound like good ideas! and yeah already drawing up plans for the outside enclosure cause we just got a load of wood.
so we might just frame it out and see whats a great size to have it at.
we just built a chicken coop on the other side of the backyard lol
just got the shootgallery feeder and he already wiped all the roaches out yesterday!

Just a word to the wise... I planned out a custom-sized enclosure, but found I'd have to spend a fortune on the PVC board if the panels were any size larger than 2' x 4' which shot down my idea. There was also a support problem for a large piece across the back—not insurmountable, but enough to make me rethink the project.

If you're going to use mostly (or all) screen for the sides & back, this isn't a problem. Just sayin'... ;)

My chameleons are in a high traffic area with a lot of noise but i'm not worried because they don't get stressed easily at all... but if you have a stress-prone cham then i would start taking action

Just a word to the wise... I planned out a custom-sized enclosure, but found I'd have to spend a fortune on the PVC board if the panels were any size larger than 2' x 4' which shot down my idea. There was also a support problem for a large piece across the back—not insurmountable, but enough to make me rethink the project.

If you're going to use mostly (or all) screen for the sides & back, this isn't a problem. Just sayin'... ;)
oh nothing is happening we just have loads of extra wood to work with I already told myself as soon as I see signs of my cham being to crammed that's when we would invest into making or buying a bigger enclosure.
An indoor one is already something I have set aside for next month.
I don't wanna sink all my money into something that my cham is to small for yet.

oh nothing is happening we just have loads of extra wood to work with I already told myself as soon as I see signs of my cham being to crammed that's when we would invest into making or buying a bigger enclosure.
I don't wanna sink all my money into something that my cham is to small for yet.
Whats your chams current size cage?

As you probably know, petco are usually wrong. Can we see some photos of him/her?
iggy6.jpg
iggy8.jpg
iggy9.jpg
iggy10.jpg

here some pictures last one is for scale or i atleast tried lol
he just got done shedding today on monday i clean his enclosure! :D

Attachments

• iggy9.jpg
    iggy9.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 74
  • iggy10.jpg
    iggy10.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 72
If the current 16x16x30 is sufficient, there's probably no harm in waiting a bit, but there's really no need to; an enclosure can't be too big for any size or age, nor a cham too small for an adult-sized enclosure.

If the current 16x16x30 is sufficient, there's probably no harm in waiting a bit, but there's really no need to; an enclosure can't be too big for any size or age, nor a cham too small for an adult-sized enclosure.
I would say minimum 3ft tall (36"). width dosent matter as much

Is that a female? I really can't tell but it kinda does look like a female. If you could get some clearer photos (which I know for some owners is difficult ;) ) then that would help a lot
was a lil grumpy that i got this close lol but here are some (i hope are better pictures) closer pics
iggy11.jpg iggy12.jpg iggy13.jpg iggy14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom