Chameleo Estevez has escaped

That is a definite possibility. I remember talking about using one to find a different chameleon that was missing. Talk to you local fire department. There's a possibility they will come out and do a scan of the area for you. If you can get your hands on one stand about 50 feet away from the female and look at her with it. That way you see what the heat signature looks like and you would have a better idea what you're seeing in the camera as you're scanning. Best of luck finding him. I really hope everything works out. Fingers are crossed.

It works I know from experience.

Hope you find him!

I got a call from someone a month ago that lost his cham from the same clutch and he found her 2 months later totally find...

Oh man Good luck I hope you find the guy, There is alot of trees out there man... Sigh I hope you find him!

It works I know from experience.

Same here. Those things are awesome. It helped find a water monitor I had escape from me a while back. We used to take the one we have on the fire dept and walk around with it at night in the woods to see what was out and about.

Any new news chambabysitter1? Fingers are still crossed. Best wishes locating him!

bummer

A few months ago, I lost my female veiled Lucy outside. I literally took my eyes off her for one minute when she was on a bush, and she was gone. I tried everything, including a flashlight in the tall tree in the yard, to no avail. Actually, I think a bluejay came swooping down and swept poor Lucy away. Now, when I take Mr. Worf, my 6.5 month old male veiled I treat him like I would an infant: never take my eyes off him.

Cham,

He escaped from your PVC cage right? I made a replica of your cage and my chameleon kept getting out of the door side. I ended up taking it apart and redoing it but I dont use it anymore cause I am paranoid of the cage now.

Cham,

He escaped from your PVC cage right? I made a replica of your cage and my chameleon kept getting out of the door side. I ended up taking it apart and redoing it but I dont use it anymore cause I am paranoid of the cage now.

No news yet guys.

It all came down to the latches. If you are not feeling 100% about how the cage stays closed, then ditch it.

No news yet guys.

It all came down to the latches. If you are not feeling 100% about how the cage stays closed, then ditch it.

For sure. It was a killer idea though. I just need some kind of foam that will seal the edges and make the door fit nice and tight. Nothing a little creativity cant fix!

I've already let a few people know, but I thought I'd update you all.

Yesterday I recieved a phone call about my "lizard" down the street.

Somehow he made it like 15 or so houses down the street and was found in the street dead and ran over. By the time I saw him he was a few days gone easily.

No clue how he made it that far, no idea how he ended up in the street either. I've been trying to figure it out all day.

Anyways, we are going to miss him. I am glad to have some finality on the situation, but I really wish he would have made it back in one piece.

We are moving on here and learning from our mistakes. Just going with real deal made cages, no more DIY crap. Saving some extra money was not worth this.

RIP Chameleo. He was super retarded, extra angry, and always a pain. But we loved him, despite his indifference to us all. He was a centerpiece in the family, and we enjoyed watching him and having him as a guest.

Bye bye blue boy!

P1017136.jpg

God speed Chameleo Estevez....

Chris,

Lifes full of unexplained stuff, how he made it 15 houses down was unbeilevable, and without being eatten by a cat or bird, unreal!

That little guy was full of piss and vinegar, and thats probably what got him that far. If he would have used the crosswalk and made it across the street, odds are he would have kept going. Who really knows if you'd have seen him again.

Things happen, and we have to accept them and extract a lesson, while he was with you, both of you grew, and you gained a wealth of knowledge, and experiance.

It's never easy or fair to see one go, but life isn't easy or fair either. I am glad your going to stick it out and continue this hobby along side us.

-Jay

Back
Top Bottom