cham

this needs to be switched to the food section. i personally have never tried earthworms. although i have read that they can eat them. maybe someone will chime in and give you better advice.

I have a female veiled cham-Cleo...I did try earthworms once. It seems the sticky tongue and slimy worm was not a great match as she had a little difficulty snagging the worm. She aslo looked a little disgusted when the worm was wriggling and wriggling around (much more than a mealworm) as she chewed. She did eat several before losing interest. I did not dust which
might make them less slimy. I would assume from her reaction she prefers things that go crunch. I generally feed mealworms, crickets, (store bought then gutloaded...still waiting for my cricket farm to take hold) and moths and grasshoppers (which I catch... I'm sure the neighbors enjoy watching this activity) I do plan on trying worms again, just to provide a little variety but I will probably go with smaller sized worms.

Lets face it its not a food a veiled would likely eat in the wild or we'd be calling them treeworms instead of earthworms.

Any advice on wild caught food from others would be greatly appreciated...has anyone tried Japenese beetles...are they safe.

Just wanted to add....please read the posts about feeding redworms.....I did wash the worms before feeding but I didn't even think about the parasite factor. Sorry folks...don't want to be responsible for getting anyones cham sick...even my own.

Back
Top Bottom