Cham lovers in Northern California!!!

I'm going Sunday. I have a stupid wedding to go to on Saturday. I'll be in Monterey on Saturday and sac on Sunday. :eek:

You and I think alike. I get my sister and fly to Florida to a reptile expo.Just a little getaway. I think we will do Pomona this spring. Hubby can stay home and watch my chams.:):)

Can you buy reptiles and take them on the plane with you?

I'll be wandering around the Sacramento show from about 1:30 til I get bored. If anyone wants to meet up feel free to pm me. I'll check a few times while I'm there.

I'll be wandering around the Sacramento show from about 1:30 til I get bored. If anyone wants to meet up feel free to pm me. I'll check a few times while I'm there.

Was there yesterday, pretty good show and lots of Chams in various locations. Some better than others.
I really liked the Kammers booth and they were very nice. Some people complain about their prices but the quality in my opinion is superior to most others out there. Have fun!
Jason

I went yesterday for about three hours as it is always neat to go to conventions. However it was just mostly Panthers, Veileds, and Jacksons. However if you did look Roy did bring one of his extra juvenile male Parsonii for sale.

Last edited:
Other than the Parsons, which was really neat to see at a show, I was disappointed by the Cham selection. Don't get me wrong, there were a ton of beautiful panthers, some really nice veileds, jacksons, and the bearded pygs. I was really impressed by the volume and variety of panthers at various vendors.

The Kammers definitely wins in my estimation for best display and happiest looking chams.

My favorite booth was where you get your crack. Met Steve, nice guy and from the million stupid questions I watched him field without smacking someone must be a saint! I picked up a few Indian flower mantises from there. I've been wanting to try my hand at mantises for a long time. It was really hard to choose a mantis species!

I was hoping someone would have Senegals. Looks like I'll be having a 5 lot shipped from Florida after all.

Is anyone down to a have another meeting soon.? Since I haven't been here that long I would love to we if anything could be planned. I live in Oakley and I'm more than willing to drive up to Sacramento and meet everyone! I even live near another member who would carpool with me. :)

Is anyone down to a have another meeting soon.? Since I haven't been here that long I would love to we if anything could be planned. I live in Oakley and I'm more than willing to drive up to Sacramento and meet everyone! I even live near another member who would carpool with me. :)

I am always in for sure :)

Many of us want to we just need a suitable location to meet. It is surprisingly difficult to herd Cham keepers. I am actively searching for a location. Any ideas welcome.

Many of us want to we just need a suitable location to meet. It is surprisingly difficult to herd Cham keepers. I am actively searching for a location. Any ideas welcome.

I'm more than willing to help plan! Since I'm a bit away I need to do some research but I would be happy to help!

I think what is needed is a location and a willingness to conduct smaller 3 to 4 person meetings until it catches on. The other big problem is schedule issues. Weekends / weekdays etc...

I think we are mainly looking for free as well. Which further complicated things.

If you want a look at that Parsonii it is across from the Cricket Crack stand. It is about a year old male and is going for $3000.00. The Parsonii is a great looking juvenile male though. Cheers.

Lol! I brought the Parson mainly because my friend, Sam, who owns GBU asked me to bring one. I priced him kind of high because I really didn't want to sell him. It was funny to watch the people come by and look at him. Those that don't know chameleons would come by and say "Oh, what a pretty chameleon".
Then there were those who came by and their mouth dropped and couldn't believe they were seeing a Parsonii. Many younger people had never seen one in person and it was nice to get to show them.
He's now safe and comfortable in his enclosure at home but he really did well at the show. He ate like a pig.....mantis, crickets and hornworms.

Lol! I brought the Parson mainly because my friend, Sam, who owns GBU asked me to bring one. I priced him kind of high because I really didn't want to sell him. It was funny to watch the people come by and look at him. Those that don't know chameleons would come by and say "Oh, what a pretty chameleon".
Then there were those who came by and their mouth dropped and couldn't believe they were seeing a Parsonii. Many younger people had never seen one in person and it was nice to get to show them.
He's now safe and comfortable in his enclosure at home but he really did well at the show. He ate like a pig.....mantis, crickets and hornworms.

Those pygmies next to him must have made him hungry! I liked the GBU booth, they had some interesting stuff there.

Those pygmies next to him must have made him hungry! I liked the GBU booth, they had some interesting stuff there.

I must have been blind and in a hurry. I say the pygmies and missed the parsonii.

Those pygmies were cool,I had never seen those in person and almost bought one. They were tiny!
:D:D:D:D

I must have been blind and in a hurry. I say the pygmies and missed the parsonii.

Those pygmies were cool,I had never seen those in person and almost bought one. They were tiny!
:D:D:D:D

I almost bought one too. But then I got to thinking I would really want 3, I don't have a set up etc etc... GBU is only about 10 minutes from my house if I change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom