Cham lovers in Northern California!!!

I'm still interested. I think the biggest issue is a good centralized place to meet.

The way I figure it is we would want to find some place close to Midtown where 50, 80, 5, and 99 are all close by. That way there could be no excuses when major arteries dump right into it.

To be honest, it's going to take a lot more keepers to show interest than just 4 or 5 of us.

Last year, I had invited 7 people and 3 showed up to my house. I am located pretty far up highway 50 but it's so much nicer for people to feel free to bring in their chameleons, have bugs to trade or show off, and not feel obligated to buy coffee etc. Starbucks is not exactly welcoming to our chameleons and 10,000 crickets in stinky boxes.:rolleyes:

If you're reading this and you're wondering what we do when we get together...we talk about chameleons: breeding projects, hints tips and tricks of the hobby, trade and buy crickets and other feeders ($20 for 1000 crickets,) and general misbehaving. People are encouraged to bring their chameleons and also anything tasty to eat - FOR HUMANS.

Does this sound fun????:confused::confused: Then post here in this thread!!;):p

I'm still very interested in meeting up with some fellow keepers in the area. I had a good time at the last get-together and am up for meeting some new people in the area. I'm fine meeting up somewhere centrally located to do a meet and great but don't mind making the drive up Hwy 50 again either. I'm cool with either but I can understand some people not wanting to drive out to a stranger's house that they met on the internet lol. Maybe we can try to do a meet and greet somewhere centrally located to get to know each other a little better and then start meeting at people's houses afterwards. What do you guys think?

To be honest, it's going to take a lot more keepers to show interest than just 4 or 5 of us.

Last year, I had invited 7 people and 3 showed up to my house. I am located pretty far up highway 50 but it's so much nicer for people to feel free to bring in their chameleons, have bugs to trade or show off, and not feel obligated to buy coffee etc. Starbucks is not exactly welcoming to our chameleons and 10,000 crickets in stinky boxes.:rolleyes:

If you're reading this and you're wondering what we do when we get together...we talk about chameleons: breeding projects, hints tips and tricks of the hobby, trade and buy crickets and other feeders ($20 for 1000 crickets,) and general misbehaving. People are encouraged to bring their chameleons and also anything tasty to eat - FOR HUMANS.

Does this sound fun????:confused::confused: Then post here in this thread!!;):p

I'm still very interested in meeting up with some fellow keepers in the area. I had a good time at the last get-together and am up for meeting some new people in the area. I'm fine meeting up somewhere centrally located to do a meet and great but don't mind making the drive up Hwy 50 again either. I'm cool with either but I can understand some people not wanting to drive out to a stranger's house that they met on the internet lol. Maybe we can try to do a meet and greet somewhere centrally located to get to know each other a little better and then start meeting at people's houses afterwards. What do you guys think?

I am in Folsom, kind of in the middle of SAC, Placerville, Lincoln, ext. I would be down to get some pizza and drinks (beer, soda, w/e) and check out pictures trade feeders and what not.

Alright, so we have CNorton up in Cameron Park, djfishygills in Folsom, Norcal55 in Fairoaks, DanSB somewhere in Sac, and then me a little further out in Lincon so maybe we can plan on meeting up somewhere in Folsom since that's a little more central to the people speaking up. How's about we start trying to plan a meeting in a couple of week after the holiday, say Saturday July 13th?

Alright, so we have CNorton up in Cameron Park, djfishygills in Folsom, Norcal55 in Fairoaks, DanSB somewhere in Sac, and then me a little further out in Lincon so maybe we can plan on meeting up somewhere in Folsom since that's a little more central to the people speaking up. How's about we start trying to plan a meeting in a couple of week after the holiday, say Saturday July 13th?

Sounds pretty good to me...

Anybody going to the Sacramento Reptile Show on Sunday, September 29??? I'll be there!

I was thinking it would be nice to meet some of you and possibly get an email list going for those of us that want to get a group together to meet once a month...

My plan is to be there on the 29th. I'm excited even though I'm not planning to bring home anything other than insects and carnivorous plants.

I'll probably recognize you but we all need to find a way to recognize forum members wandering around the show, I'm sure were not the only 2 that will be there.

Anybody going to the Sacramento Reptile Show on Sunday, September 29??? I'll be there!

I was thinking it would be nice to meet some of you and possibly get an email list going for those of us that want to get a group together to meet once a month...

I'll be there on Saturday :)
Would love to get a monthly/bi-monthly meeting going. An email list sounds great as well.
I have a few friends that are into other reptiles but are very interested in keeping Chameleons who would also be interested. Sounds like we would have keepers with different levels of experience and that would be great.
Who knows, down the road after several successful get togethers we might even be able to get keepers from the bay area to join us.
Thanks,
Jason

I'm in hollister Cali. Over 2 hours from sac. I would love to meet up with everyone for the sac show. I would love to do a monthly thing but can't commit to to such a long drive monthly.
I wish you guys where more towards the San Jose area. You would probably have a lot more people wanting to go. Lol:)

I'm going to try to go but I'm not sure about what day yet... I'd definitely like to get an e-mail list for monthly meetings goinig. We've been trying to get another meeting going ever since the last one at CNorton's and the reptile show would be the perfect place to try and get things going again.

Im going on Saturday. We should try to meet up. I hope I can meet new faces and see those of you who I already know.

I might go the 29th
what time does it end
im free after one
from frisco to sac is about 1 1\2 hrs I think

I'm actually going both days. One day to show my girlfriend around and the other day to spend entirely to much money when she is not there lol :D

I'm actually going both days. One day to show my girlfriend around and the other day to spend entirely to much money when she is not there lol :D

You and I think alike. I get my sister and fly to Florida to a reptile expo.Just a little getaway. I think we will do Pomona this spring. Hubby can stay home and watch my chams.:):)

Four more days til the Show. Driving up Friday.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom