Cham keeps closing one of his eyes?

Bumping this thread, tried the treatment for 3 weeks but his eye is still being closed 40% of the time. Should I continue Vitamin A treatment 3-4 times per week until it improves? Or would that be dangerous?

How much vitamin A do you give?
ive started to incorporate vit A lquid gels into my suppliment schedule after it worked wonders on one of my panthers eye issues. My chameleons now all get one drop per month. Some keepers do 2, or if there is an eye or skin issue even more. I stick with one drop per month. Poke a pin in a 10,000 or 15,000 IU liquid gel and place one drop on a feeder insect.

How much vitamin A do you give?

Hi Matt!

I am dipping the corner of a napkin in the Vitamin A oil and rubbing it on the back of hornworms, it's less than 1 drop. Should I continue this treatment at every feeding? I have already done this about 20 times so far... seeing some subtle improvements.

Or – should I back off on supplementing at every feeding, and only give it once every 2 weeks indefinitely?

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

One smudge on the back of one bug once a month is recommended. I poke a hole I the capsule. Grab a worm, squeeze out a drop, let it run down the back of the worm, let the excess drip off and feed the worm to the chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom