Cham in "laundry room"?

Gfort04

My wife and I just moved into our new house and are starting to get settled. We are getting our first panther as soon as we are done. Our home has a laundry/utility room that is 13"x10" with the washer/dryer cut into one of the 10ft walls. Leaving me with a 12"x10" room . My question is would the washer/dryer cause to much stress or effect temp/humidity to the point it would be a problem?

Chams are for all intensive purposes deaf, so it wont matter.

There really isnt that much humidity so, any there is will be fine.

As long as its not a high traffic area, and you can control your temps, its all good.

I say its a no go.

The chameleon will likely feel the vibrations of the machines from anywhere in the house, but placing them close to the animal is going to make it worse.

They are sensitive to vibrations, and even "communicate" via vibrations.

They are also sensitive to fumes of any kind, and need as much fresh air as you can provide. The chemicals and such youll be using in that room should really be kept as far away from them as possible.

In my opinion, you should try and find a better place to house the animal.

Solid Snake has good advice.

That being said, I keep my WC chams in my basement workshop with a large metal working lathe, CNC milling machine, band saws, drill presses, and a stereo loud enough to hear over most of the equipment.

The noise and vibrations don't seem to bother them, unless I turn on the subwoofer for the stereo. I don't do anything down there that would create fumes however, and I have a dust collection system with hepa filter.

And the laundry is done down there, but on the opposite wall.

I eventually plan on putting in a room down there for them. More for temp control than anything else.

I'd be mostly concerned about fumes from the dryer sheets and detergents being in close proximity. If you have a gas dryer rather than electric, I do not think I would even consider keeping them in there at all.

Solid Snake has good advice.
Hey thanks ;) Man, I want your basement!!!
I'd be mostly concerned about fumes from the dryer sheets and detergents being in close proximity.
This was my main concern.

I have noticed before though that my animals would freak a little when the washing machine kicked into high gear. Never caused any major problems, but I would want to minimize any "freaking out" towards the animal.

If its a concrete foundation, on a bottom level, the vibrations likely wouldnt carry through. Not enough to bother them anyhow.

Thank you I didnt even consider the fumes. We have a single story home with a concrete foundations, so Im not to concerned with vibrations traveling throught out the house

Back
Top Bottom