Cham closes one eye

Ive noticed that off and on my chameleon will have one eye closed while the other stays alert. When i get close she will reopen her eye. She will do this for a few days and itll disappear and then a week later she will start it again. She is properly dusted and given water except she hasnt eaten it two days due to a cricket mishap.(I feed her today). Her eye never gets puffy or agitated looking..just closed, nor have I ever seen her rubbing it. My only thought is I have a 10.0reptisun that I have raised above the cage to compensate but could that be causing her problem. BTW its always been her left eye. Any advice would be great. If its the light i will get a 5.0 today! Thanks

...Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther 7-8mnth Female
Handling - 1-3 times a week, always to go outside and give her sunlight
Feeding - Crickets cup feed with proper scheudling of calcium with D3 and withouth
Supplements - calcium with and another without D3,,,,,reptivite
Watering - Spray Cage about twice a day,,
Fecal Description - Healthy poop...white capped
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 4feetx2feetx2feet
Lighting - repti glow 10.0.....100watt basking lamp
Temperature - My room fluctuates alot so anywhere from 73-85deg
Humidity - Run humidifer although it never affects the humdifier gauge which is anyhwere from 50-70......but 90ish after misting
Plants - 1 bigass umbreallaplant
Placement: Bedroom...half of cage is by always open window for sunlight and slight breeze
Location - San Diego

I would say either spray her down or give her a nice (not direct) shower. There is probably something stuck in her eye. Getting water in their eyes is how they clean it.

I would advise you not to make a second thread about the same issue...if makes it hard for us to follow what's going on and we may not realize that the problem has been mentioned before.

Back
Top Bottom