Cham chanigng colors

dave101

When my cham gets close to light at his basking spot, his skin turns light brown and it almost looks likes its burning away in some places but when he is out of the light walking around he is a pretty greenish color

When your chameleon is sitting under the light hes trying to soak up as much heat as it can with his dark color. When hes not under the light and his colors a light green hes probably just the right temp. What are the temps in your cage?

It's the same deal as when you go out on a summer day in a black t-shirt, as opposed to a white t-shirt. The black is going to absorb more heat as the white will reflect more heat. They turn dark in color when they are cold and trying to absorb heat.;)

oh ok i gotcha. im not really sure the temp in the cage, i have have a tempature reader. but the light i am using is (60W) Sun Glo Neodymium Daylight light that i got from the same store. should i get another light or is this one good?

Here are pictures of the setup that i have also the cham. i know he is a baby but im not exact sure how old he is

Attachments

• cham 001.jpg
    cham 001.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 137
You really need to get rid if the glass tank and go with a screen cage of some sort. The bark is no good because it can cause impaction and ditch the water bowl, it can harbor bacteria.

You really need to get rid if the glass tank and go with a screen cage of some sort. The bark is no good because it can cause impaction and ditch the water bowl, it can harbor bacteria.

Ditto what jmdavis said and it also looks like you need a UVB fixture otherwise he's at risk of MBD. Cute little guy

Ditto what jmdavis said and it also looks like you need a UVB fixture otherwise he's at risk of MBD. Cute little guy

+1 (You got some minor changes to do)

1.) Get rid of the bark and replace it with paper towels
2.) Get rid of the glass cage and pick up a screen cage (use the paper towels on bottom) LLL has great cages http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...een/-/16-x-15-x-20-inch-aluminum-screen-cage/
3.) You need a UVB bulb or your cham will get MBD and will get sick and possibly die. http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...por-bulbs/-/zoo-med-15-repti-sun-50-uvb-bulb/

Back
Top Bottom