Cham care on vacation??

Where do you live? Maybe you could find someone on these forums to watch'em.
I too would like to find someone close that I could swap Chameleon watching duties while on vacation.
So what do ya do with your cham when you plan to go outta town for a week or so? :confused: Kate

because of all my animals my nan stays at my house for the time I am away. he chams have a n automatic mistng system so its just feeding every other day!

I took mine (cage and all) to a friend's house...too many variables to worry about. I paid him well and he did a great job. Otherwise, I would have paid my vet to keep her. My vet will keep herps and knows how to care for them...I'd make sure of that before leaving them. Someone told me once: "You can never assume a chameleon is eating and drinking...just because the food and water is there - it means nothing. You have to watch them all the time." I've found that to be true!

I took mine (cage and all) to a friend's house...too many variables to worry about. I paid him well and he did a great job. Otherwise, I would have paid my vet to keep her. My vet will keep herps and knows how to care for them...I'd make sure of that before leaving them. Someone told me once: "You can never assume a chameleon is eating and drinking...just because the food and water is there - it means nothing. You have to watch them all the time." I've found that to be true!

thats pretty sweet to get a vet to watch your cham for you. Luckily my dad loves reptiles so when i went on vacation he took good care of my cham and geckos.

Back
Top Bottom