CH Melleri Weights

She is lovely and perfect!!! Stop worrying!

I love how adorable she was when she was a little teeny baby!! I wish you were closer so she could come over for play dates ... her and Niblet are about the same size and would be adorable together! (He is actually not that sociable with the other melleri - I think because he is so much littler than the others!!)

She is lovely and perfect!!! Stop worrying!

I love how adorable she was when she was a little teeny baby!! I wish you were closer so she could come over for play dates ... her and Niblet are about the same size and would be adorable together! (He is actually not that sociable with the other melleri - I think because he is so much littler than the others!!)

Karen you busted me! LOL. Seriously - I was looking at the Meller's Yahoo Group cuz I just got an update & found lots of awesome photos I'd never seen - those morphs and blues you told me about. Trying to find out where these keepers go after all the Melleri work and postings - they just vanish! It's time for us to host a yearly Melleri convention!! I figure we should just meet at the farm since that's where all the Melleri end up, right? Haha

Oh Karen - I'm also officially on a Melleri-finding quest. The expos are starting up again so I'm trying to stay in the loop ya know? Let me know if you get any leads. I already PM'd Julie. :)

Since this thread is called CH melleri weights, here is the 200 club, AKA "the Savages"

They are all close to 200 grams and this is how they sleep every night.

03092012_bedtime.jpg

I know this thread was started back in 2008, but I really want to know the status of the melleri mentioned in the early part of this thread.

Some of those melleri had, what seemed to me, incredible growth rates. Not only do I want to hear from Chuck, but from the others back then that had animals that showed fast (good?) growth.

Differences in growth rates for the melleri of that particular group (from Mike Mounge of FL Chameleons I believe) were attributed to various things (nothing conclusive though).

However, I found it very interesting that a discussion on artificial vitamin fortification (either through gutloads or a powdered supplement) was curiously absent as a possible reason for different rates of growth, especially a discussion of D3 and to a lesser extent preformed vitamin A.

Any of you who were involved in this thread, please chime in. I have 11 babies (still awaiting on 6 more eggs to hatch) and I want as much info as possible on the subject of growth rates in melleri as I move forward in raising these guys. I particularly want to know what artificial D3 source you might have used, not so much on UVB lamps, but rather what commercial gutload and/or powdered supplements you used and at what frequencies.

Please, please let us know how those animals are doing. Even if they died, it's helpful for everyone to know what might have happened to cause their deaths. After all, many sources out there list melleri as having a life span of around 12 years. Some say differently, but if those animals are no longer alive and died way under 12 years of age, then something major must have gone wrong and it may or may not have been associated with their growth rates. Thanks in advance.

Perry

Back
Top Bottom