Celeste, Calumma malthe

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Two months after import. Isn't she just gorgeous in her pinks and blues? I just love their little mousy faces.
20170221_172351.jpg

20170221_172420.jpg

20170221_172724.jpg

Janet

Is she gravid? She looks like she could be gravid. Have you palpated her stomach yet?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I don't bother them by palpating. They are gravid or they are not. Yes, I think she is gravid from a breeding here. I saw some breeding behaviors but didn't witness any breeding although I did see the male nodding a lot at her and once gently grasping her tail while she held her position on a branch. She's now intolerant of his presence and he is avoiding her like the plague although they are in a really big enclosure (30" x 30" x 18") for two little 25g chameleons. That's new behavior. I got the picture of her flaring her ears because he was close.

I don't bother them by palpating. They are gravid or they are not. Yes, I think she is gravid from a breeding here. I saw some breeding behaviors but didn't witness any breeding although I did see the male nodding a lot at her and once gently grasping her tail while she held her position on a branch. She's now intolerant of his presence and he is avoiding her like the plague although they are in a really big enclosure (30" x 30" x 18") for two little 25g chameleons. That's new behavior. I got the picture of her flaring her ears because he was close.

Janet

Great signs! Plus continued good luck with your breeding group. Calumma malthe is such a unique and spectacular chameleon species. I think most everyone on the Chameleon Forums is looking forward to hear about news from your Calumma malthe breeding group.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Janet

Great signs! Plus continued good luck with your breeding group. Calumma malthe is such a unique and spectacular chameleon species. I think most everyone on the Chameleon Forums is looking forward to hear about news from your Calumma malthe breeding group.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Jeremy, this is a different female than the one I witnessed the breeding today. I'm hopeful! I have a new incubator coming soon that is bigger and has two compartments so I can diapause the eggs if I want. It will also give me a temperature variations on a daily basis so I am hopeful. I just wish I knew people who had successfully hatched them....

Jeremy, this is a different female than the one I witnessed the breeding today. I'm hopeful! I have a new incubator coming soon that is bigger and has two compartments so I can diapause the eggs if I want. It will also give me a temperature variations on a daily basis so I am hopeful. I just wish I knew people who had successfully hatched them....

Janet

I am saying that the female pictured in this thread looks gravid. Plus you have got great signs from your other females. Good luck with the eggs you produce. The diapauses are a bit tricky. I know a couple keepers that have hatched Calumma malthe that you can talk too. I shall pm you.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom