cat naps, any thoughts?

Have you thought about taking her to a vet?
i did, they said she could be laying eggs soon so i’m doing research on lay bins, i haven’t seen her go to the bottom let alone dig. she was prescribed liquid calcium but she’s been stressed so i don’t want to syringe feed it to her i’m trying to find ways to put it into food.

Yes, your vet doesn't know chameleons that well. I know how hard it is to find one with even reptile experience.
I just assume most large pet store Jackson's females are pregnant just like all the imports, they may even be wild caught. Even if she isn't pregnant with fertilized ova she will still need to pass slugs very so often.

It could be that her days have been too long and she isn't getting enough sleep. Keep the room as dark as you can at night.
It could be stress or illness. She has been through a lot.
Going to their slepspot early isn't a problem but eyes closed with lights on is not normal.
nap again today, except this time a little earlier closer to the bottom of the cage

Attachments

• 9EBA6611-CC64-4F62-9332-EDC810B6F012.jpeg
    9EBA6611-CC64-4F62-9332-EDC810B6F012.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 94
  • E6094179-A290-4F1E-9E3A-34DE9467F29A.jpeg
    E6094179-A290-4F1E-9E3A-34DE9467F29A.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 92
Have you talked to the vet recently? Is she on any treatment besides calcium?
I'm concerned but don't have any great ideas.

I'm afraid she may be starting to slip away, 8 months at a pet store is a ton of stress by the time you got her she may have been at her limit.
I know your vet doesn't know Jackson's very well because of the egg laying thing but if she doesn't start to rally soon you may not have another choice.
We could try to find someone better in your area if you want.

I'm afraid she may be starting to slip away, 8 months at a pet store is a ton of stress by the time you got her she may have been at her limit.
I know your vet doesn't know Jackson's very well because of the egg laying thing but if she doesn't start to rally soon you may not have another choice.
We could try to find someone better in your area if you want.
im just so worried about taking her out again, she hates going in the box. i only want to force her out if there’s absolutely no other option.

Hey.. How is Marley doing? Have you found a better vet?
shes doing pretty well!! eating everyday if not every other at least, right now debating possible draining options for the cage. i’ve also noticed most cages don’t have coconut substrate or any sort of ‘soil’ matter, if that’s not necessary i’m sure that would make it easier.

shes doing pretty well!! eating everyday if not every other at least, right now debating possible draining options for the cage. i’ve also noticed most cages don’t have coconut substrate or any sort of ‘soil’ matter, if that’s not necessary i’m sure that would make it easier.
That is not necessary at all. Bare bottom is recommended unless doing bioactive..which I am merely assuming by your comment you have not. I havent read this thread.

So I read through a little and noticed you are not bioactive. That means a bare bottom is perfectly fine. No need to have to constantly change and clean that stuff out.

Back
Top Bottom