marley has been taking a nap around 2-3pm everyday, any ideas why?
• my chameleon - marley, they said she was 2 but vet thinks a little bit younger, somewhere around 1 & 1/2It's not a good sign the form might give us some ideas of what to do if it is at all husbandry related.
- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
- Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
- The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
- Photos can be very helpful.
sounds good. was thinking that, just didn’t want to make the rest of the tank cold, i’ll see what i can do to prop it up. any other changes?Two quick things change lights to 12 on 12 off 7-7 or 8-8 your call. 90 is way too hot get that down to 80 ASAP lift the basking light up off the cage top a few inches as necessary or use a lower wattage bulb. I use 40 Watt vanity bulbs sometimes.
• my chameleon - marley, they said she was 2 but vet thinks a little bit younger, somewhere around 1 & 1/2He’s sick. Fill out the help form, link in my signature.