Can you guess the Locale?

Warrix642

Here is a very nice Male Panther I recently found on CL :D Take a guess at what locale this guy is.

Dustin

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03228.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

Mitsio maybe? That doesn't sound/look right to me, but I'll throw it out there anyways.

It looks like a long term WC Ambilobe (looking at it's pads that are slightly sunken, overall looks well balanced and alert), or at least a panther that comes from a close area and is labeled Ambilobe here in the states. If it's not an Ambilobe, it's something that is labeled as an Ambilobe... That IS my guess... lol

It looks like a long term WC Ambilobe (looking at it's pads that are slightly sunken, overall looks well balanced and alert), or at least a panther that comes from a close area and is labeled Ambilobe here in the states. If it's not an Ambilobe, it's something that is labeled as an Ambilobe... That IS my guess... lol

Looks like an ambilobe.

He is an Ambilobe! He was slightly dehydrated but very alert when I got him. I cant wait to fatten him up :D He is pretty big already but I think he will get HUGE.

Dustin

Think it's a bit weird everyone is talking about locale here, my boyfriend has been to Madagascar with Emmanuel van Heygen on Exo Terra expedition 2009 and most of the colors they think of in the hobby don't match with the locales on Madagascar at all, I would rather call them "morphs" as with bearded dragons or leopard gecko's. Nosy Be is one of the "morphs" that actually matches with a locale and one of the oldest "morphs" but what we call ambilobe is spread over Madagascar in more places than Ambilobe only, also other colors are mixed in different area's, so don't even talk about "pure" colors, cause in my opinion this doesn't exist, in Madagascar females of all sorts of colors walk around and mix up. The species remains Furcifer pardalis and is available in different colors. Done.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this.

Think it's a bit weird everyone is talking about locale here, my boyfriend has been to Madagascar with Emmanuel van Heygen on Exo Terra expedition 2009 and most of the colors they think of in the hobby don't match with the locales on Madagascar at all, I would rather call them "morphs" as with bearded dragons or leopard gecko's. Nosy Be is one of the "morphs" that actually matches with a locale and one of the oldest "morphs" but what we call ambilobe is spread over Madagascar in more places than Ambilobe only, also other colors are mixed in different area's, so don't even talk about "pure" colors, cause in my opinion this doesn't exist, in Madagascar females of all sorts of colors walk around and mix up. The species remains Furcifer pardalis and is available in different colors. Done.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this.

You do make some great points but bearded dragons or geckos they are actually hypo/albino and so on but chameleons are just different colors. The only chameleon morph I have seen is a translucent veiled. I believe most wild panthers are pure or they would all look a lot more similar. A lot of locales have distinct colors/patterns to identify accordingly. This is just how I look at it...

Dustin

Back
Top Bottom