Can someone show me more

So I’m trying to understand this (a slightly malnourished chameleon will live longer method)?i understand “less eggs less chances for something to go wrong, and each time she lays eggs will strain her, but I don’t understand how forcing her body to forego a natural cycle, because her body either Is tricked to think she’s not healthy enough to produce them or if it actually is unhealthy, From what I’m gathering this is the experience of one breeder , but am interested in more, medically this sounds nonsensical , but would love to see data showing this method in comparison to raising a female in a normal environment, everything I’ve ever been taught is replicating an animals natural environment to the best ability provides the most healthy specimen if someone has a few more links it’d be appreciated

Last edited:
I can promise you that chameleons in the wild in most parts of the world to not eat as much as what we feed our chameleons! That is one reasons why I do not panic when my chameleons are not interested in food for a few days to a week!

There’s an opinion here that I’m not finding medical data to back up, but what they’re basically saying is to trick the female body into foregoing a naturally occurring process, but if the body thinks it’s not healthy enough to produce the eggs, how do you know that you aren’t in fact making her unhealthy

The female body needs fats/cholesterol to make the hormones that drives their hormone cycles. Feeding a diet low in fats in order to keep the females lean does not necessarily mean that that she will be suffering nutritionally! There is soooooooo much more to nutrition than just fats!!! What we feed our bugs that we feed our chameleons and the choice of feeders are good starting points in the massive cascade of things!

Haha I’m sorry what I’m trying to understand isn’t the amount of feeding or what the feeding is I just want someone to
Show me the data that this “lower temperature foregoing egg-cycles” has worked statistically and it’s not just an opinion of a breeder

Back
Top Bottom