Can I ask a favour of aluminium frame viv owners?

SliK JiM

Hi all! I'm looking to build an aluminium frame enclosure for my chameleon and was wondering if people could do me a massive favour and take some pictures of your vivs! Specifically the joins, hinges and just the general bits of how it's assembled! That's the bit I'm really struggling with! As detailed as possible please! :D

Cheers all! It'll be greatly appreciated!

They're brilliant links! Thanks to both of you! I'll have to get on and give the builders a message! You try searching through the forum and you just get so many which aren't quite right that you just give up eventually! lol!

p.s - you guys are so lucky to have home depot! The English equivalents suck!
p.p.s - any more links exactly like those will be greatly appreciated!

I recommend you find a good way to drain the cage - a source of cheap, easy to find, plastic drip pans - and a shelf or stand that'll house them. THEN, you build the cage in the dimensions that will allow for easy insertion of the drainage pans.

It' shard ot find things that fit 24"x24". but If I built them a little bit smaller...

I'm going to build a drainage base out of wood for whatever size of cage I build. It'll make sense when I do it!

I've noticed a problem with all these aluminium frames you've posted up, they all rely on you being able to buy kits to build them! Sadly nothing like that exists in the UK! :( I would think of shipping them over, but then it gets costly!

Awesome thanks! I think I might have some good stuff to work with now (it's like adult mechano) so the build is getting considerably easier! Just need to work out the final few problems! I may need help on that too!

They're brilliant links! Thanks to both of you! I'll have to get on and give the builders a message! You try searching through the forum and you just get so many which aren't quite right that you just give up eventually! lol!

p.s - you guys are so lucky to have home depot! The English equivalents suck!
p.p.s - any more links exactly like those will be greatly appreciated!

Just to let you know my nearest Home Depot is 120 miles each way. Not all of us have those advantages. But I do have the internet, and LLL reptile. so there is hope.

I don't even have LLL reptile though! :( Well, not without ridiculous postage charges anyway. :p Plus, I doubt they'd make one as big as I want. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom