Can’t find my chameleon

She looks receptive and she probably hides in the exact opposite places (at least my girl does). Search low on ground level, mine even could hide underneath a dressoir with only 2” floor height. Or under a chair, if it has thin chair legs to climb on. I found her at the weirdest places when receptive, but always close to the floor. Hopefully you find her 🙏🏻

There is a chance that he is outside check for bush's near by and trees take your time and look around he might be outside. Have you checked your whole house yet?
Every time she has gotten out she has been within close vicinity of her enclosure and my bedroom door was shut when she got out which confuses me more. We practically turned the house upside down looking for her but with no results.

I have a dog but she would probably just be confused more than try and eat her or something
My dad has a german shepherd who has been trained to track down people and animals... if my cham ever escapes she might help finding her lol
65E041F9-3B95-4F71-B308-1D28A71D5B20.jpeg

She’s there somewhere. As you were looking I’m sure there were some areas that you didn’t check because no way she could have gotten there. Well, check those places. Also, in the backs of some dressers behind the drawers there is space and she could have maybe made her way into a drawer.

Fantastic news. Might want to ensure she can not get out of her enclosure moving forward... Now that you know she will venture off this can be a very dangerous thing for them. Especially a female if she needs to lay eggs. They can become eggbound and die while out looking for a place to lay. :(

Fantastic news. Might want to ensure she can not get out of her enclosure moving forward... Now that you know she will venture off this can be a very dangerous thing for them. Especially a female if she needs to lay eggs. They can become eggbound and die while out looking for a place to lay. :(
Ha, that was the first place I mentioned to look 🤣
SO glad you found her ❤️

I’ve installed a lock on her enclosure so she can no longer get out hopefully.

Inside the curtain. No one thought to mention that there was a gap in the bottom of my curtains but she seemed more than happy since she was her usual bright colours when I found he
Like mentioned, she´s receptive and then they hide in low places/spaces, when out of their enclosures. Are you prepared for her to lay eggs? Is there a lay bin in her enclosure, she soon needs it.

Update: I found her, she was in the curtain, apparently the bottom of the curtains opened and no one thought to mention it. But she’s cold so she’s inside her enclosure under her basking light now. We can all relax and enjoy the festive season.
that's a relief, hopefully she gets back to her normal chameleon stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom