Calumma parsonii parsonii

Here, 7 weeks after spawning, 6 eggs were moldy.
So 29 remain in good condition for the time being.
To be continued ...

Hi Andreas
here are a few pictures of the 2 i bought from you last june, the 1st two images are of the suspected female and the other 2 images are of the one you said is a male which believe is two his rostral projection is really starting to develop i have called him Herman, and finally the last picture is of the 1st baby i bought from you a few years ago she has turned out a beautiful big chunky girl and is so responsive to food and water and is a pleasure to own:D

Attachments

• rfuk parsonii.jpg
    rfuk parsonii.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 467
  • rfuk parsonii.jpg1.jpg
    rfuk parsonii.jpg1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 399
  • herman.jpg
    herman.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 406
  • rfuk herman.jpg
    rfuk herman.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 460
  • ?parsonii.jpg
    ?parsonii.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
I would love to own parsons one day! We have oustalets right now so
I'm hoping that their experience will bring me closer in knowledge to parsons. Please if anyone can ship a parsons baby I would love to have one!

Ups Jamie,
my quota isn't getting better.:(
The first one has changed in a male. I'm sorry.
But at first you wanted a male if I remember right.
So I hope you are are happy despite of this second male.
If not maybe there is a chance to exchange this one.
I hope for babies of Joe's offspring female from 2008 this year.
I will look for a pretty girl if you want.

Hi Andreas
Thank you for you reply, i dont mind if they are boys i would find it difficult parting with one of these after rearing them from young, i would prefer to find another female to partner with him,i have to say these two have grown so much quicker than the female i am really happy with there progress:)

cheers
Jamie

yh possibly matey i have housed these different tho they have been in the big enclosure since december so have had lots of space:D

Hi Andreas!

Do not worry, your quota is good. The male course sold me, seems to be male. My friends and I were of the opinion that it would be female ...

Some pictures:

Regards.

Sergio.

I usually pair mine up in June, and separate them in August\September after seeing them mate a few times. Egg laying usually happens end of November through January.. for me at least:p
I don't have large enough setups to keep them together all year, some females can get stressed (not all) from the male if they're not receptive just like most other chams.. although they're pretty relaxed about it haha.

Hi Andreas,

After the female lays her eggs. You put the female into hibernation? Or you wait for the next winter?

What substrate do you use for the female to lay eggs? Peat?

Best regards.

Sergio.

Hi Sergio,

no, the hibernation of the adult females starts some weeks or months before the egglaying. And goes on after egglaying. Some females are looking very bad in this time and we have to water them careful every day.
We are using sand as soil for digging but I have to keep the sand wet enough for digging. I have heard that it also can work with a mix of sand and peat.

Knd regards
Andreas

The last month I came in the pleasure to visit the relatives ours orange eyes in the surroundings of Ranomafana and Andasibe and to carry out still some measurements. Also on Nosy Boraha I could make sure that still rests of the Foret de Kalalao stand on the comb of the local mountain range in which also live orange eyes furthermore.
Maybe my measurements help somebody in the breeding also of the other color forms of Calumma parsonii parsonii or cristifer.
By the way, have not traveled yet so comfortably on Madagascar like with Tanalahorizon. The friendly and professional guides made discovering all animals in request possible.
Tony, many thanks over again to your team.

Attachments

• Aoe.jpg
    Aoe.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 420
  • Apc.jpg
    Apc.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 433
  • Ayg.jpg
    Ayg.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 422
  • Ayl.jpg
    Ayl.jpg