Calumma parsonii parsonii

rantotro

Established Member
Hello,
I want to tell you our story about breeding Calumma parsonii parsonii.
But you need patience to read this thread, because everyone needs patience, who is interested in this species.
We had started in 2003 to keep these animals and had babies at first in 2008.
But now I will tell you about Winfried and Heike, whom seem to be the best parents in our group.
Here is a very rare photo. It's very difficult to take a picture from this procedure. These animals are very shy during mating.
The copulation is very fast, only 2 or 3 minutes, but they don't like public at this moment.
But in Summer 2010 these both were tame enough, because I had got them already as babies in 2003 and 2004.
They know me well and accept my spleen to help reproducing them. So we have the same interests and they trust me.

Attachments

• Paarung2010.JPG
    Paarung2010.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,140
Amazing that you captured a pair of parsons copulating, congratulations on this amazing reptile.
I hope your breeding is/was successful and you enjoy the fruits of their labor :)
Anne

Amazing that you captured a pair of parsons copulating, congratulations on this amazing reptile.
I hope your breeding is/was successful and you enjoy the fruits of their labor :)
Anne

His breeding is very successful, I have the fruits of his labour.

Thank you Andreas for my lovely guys, they are doing great. Ill post pics in a few weeks.

Amazing!! In for the story and details!

Oh and moarrr PIXXXX!!! Especially baby pix (hatching, if possible) <~ only because i feel you have these pix , lol

almost 10 years of breeding efforts!!

Amazing!! In for the story and details!

Oh and moarrr PIXXXX!!! Especially baby pix (hatching, if possible) <~ only because i feel you have these pix , lol

almost 10 years of breeding efforts!!

What he said! Please post some more pics! :D
That is indeed an amazing photo!

Very good photo I have a male parsonii and one day hope to have a female parsonii to try this ...any tips tricks or info you can shear with us would be great :)

Very nice to see you here Andreas and thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful parsonii picture. I am glad to hear that your new babies are doing well. I'm sure everyone here would love it if you could share your baby photos. It's a very rare sight to see parson babies here or anywhere as a matter of fact.

Very nice to see you here Andreas and thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful parsonii picture. I am glad to hear that your new babies are doing well. I'm sure everyone here would love it if you could share your baby photos. It's a very rare sight to see parson babies here or anywhere as a matter of fact.

Ill ask my friend if I can take a few photos of his in the next few days. He just hatched green giants??? They are only a few days old, he has 9 so far and hasnt had to help any out of the egg yet. They average 9cm nose to tail.

Ill ask my friend if I can take a few photos of his in the next few days. He just hatched green giants??? They are only a few days old, he has 9 so far and hasnt had to help any out of the egg yet. They average 9cm nose to tail.

Pics! Or it didn't happen! ;)

Lol, it did happen. Ill ask him if I can take pics, hes a funny bugger though and might not let me so no promises.

Lol please do! I just cant see how someone would not want to share with the cham world, especially with hatching Parsonii! Even if they were orange eyes, and not green giants it is an amazing thing!

Please be patient with me. After so much years with Calumma parsonii I'm acting like a Parsons now. Everything is very slow. ;)
You will get the baby pics later.
At first I want to tell you something about the mating.
These chameleons are very heavy and they have a problem to keep the balance during the copulation. Maybe that is the reason why the copulation is so short.
So it's useful to offer them many horizontal branches to give them more chances.
Sometimes I have seen a mating when they only hanging at their tails.
Here is an example from Heike.

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,320
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,384
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • P4.jpg
    P4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,278
Please be patient with me. After so much years with Calumma parsonii I'm acting like a Parsons now. Everything is very slow. ;)
You will get the baby pics later.
At first I want to tell you something about the mating.
These chameleons are very heavy and they have a problem to keep the balance during the copulation. Maybe that is the reason why the copulation is so short.
So it's useful to offer them many horizontal branches to give them more chances.
Sometimes I have seen a mating when they only hanging at their tails.
Here is an example from Heike.

Beautiful pics and chameleons. I hope these are the parents from mine! :D

Back
Top Bottom