Calling All Enclosures.....

Here's a converted aviary for the veiled. I could have done a better job with the aesthetics, but for as much as the largest prefab cage, you can modify this and turn it into a real show piece. It has plenty of room.
I really Love what you've done here , looks fantastic.
You know what's neat about these size ,you get it all a enclosure with the free range capabilities. Last month when Rainbow my Panther came home to me ,I was impressed with his moving around. Saying again yours looks Awesome.(y):)

My panthers new cage

Attachments

• IMG_4751.PNG
    IMG_4751.PNG
    834.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4752.PNG
    IMG_4752.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4750.PNG
    IMG_4750.PNG
    804.7 KB · Views: 140
Ya, tell me about it.

I did a little more research, and now I know of a few more:
  • Carpet Chameleons (don't know much)
  • Pygmy Chameleons (also don't know much)
  • Jacksons (know a little, no cage requirements or anything)
  • Parson's Chameleons (don't know much)
  • Veileds (know a lot)
  • Panthers (also know a lot)
  • Parsonii (know a little)
  • Meller's Chameleons (not much)
  • and Crested Chameleons (not much)
If you can add any knowledge to the list, that would be great! Again, this is all ideas for the future, so I'm not getting another cham for probably another 5-6 years. That's plenty of time to learn, right?

If you are talking about Parsonii Parsonii, and then Parson's Chameleons, they are the same chameleon. They are other types of Calumma which are a different species of chameleon related to the Parsonnii. Pygmies I never recommend for beginners and I would never recommend any of the giant species such as Meller's or any species of Calumma. Carpets have similar care requirements to Panther's but live relatively short lives and aren't nearly as handleable as panthers can be. Jacksons I would recommend before getting a Parson's or Meller's. Definitely before getted a crested (cristatus). Parson's also cost far more than veileds or panthers especially if you get a captive born and raised. They can easily reach 2,000+ dollars. Then you add the cost of caging etc. The fact that most parson's do better in a greenhouse environment, though some do perfectly fine without it's not a guarantee in anyway.

I mean I have kept chameleons for 4 years at least, have done some rescue work. I have worked two jacksons species. I won't touch a Parson's or Meller's chameleon (though I would love to have either) until I can provide outdoor caging at least regularly (a few times a week), or have a year round green house for them. I also would want to work with a lot more complicated species of montanes than jacksons before even thinking of getting them. Then when I start saving for them, I would definitely do a couple years of hardcore research that includes taking notes before deciding to make the purchase.

This was converted from Second Entertainment Cabinet , I just gutted out .
Added some wood work. I could have built from scratch, but buying all that wood didn't make sense when I only paid $150 for this Beast . The Lighting came from Lightyourreptiles. T5 4ft. Quad 12% *UVB with two daylight 6500K and Tropical plant tube . Twin Basking areas .
You gave me good Idea for a Outdoor enclosure (y):)
Thats a very good idea and i had a feeling it was a converted entertainment center. And lightyourretiles.com is awesome and Tod is great I get all my lights from him now. And what are you thinking about doing for an outdoor cage?

Thats a very good idea and i had a feeling it was a converted entertainment center. And lightyourretiles.com is awesome and Tod is great I get all my lights from him now. And what are you thinking about doing for an outdoor cage?

Thanks, for outdoors my thoughts are directed towards two Xlg. Retibreeze .Attaching them together ,and taking one side screened wall of each possibly. Just like yours(y) Or a framed 2x2 fully screened with front door. Either or, but will be raised from the ground.

Thanks, for outdoors my thoughts are directed towards two Xlg. Retibreeze .Attaching them together ,and taking one side screened wall of each possibly. Just like yours(y) Or a framed 2x2 fully screened with front door. Either or, but will be raised from the ground.
What kind of chameleons do you have?

I know I posted this in a different thread too, but this cage would also work just fine for chameleons. Presently it's housing a green iguana and a few anoles.

Quad or graciliors are SUPER cool montane species and @jajeanpierre has some! They're going to be my next cham but I haven't decided which between the 2. They take in a lot of water but not as much as a parsons or mellers does.

Quad or graciliors are SUPER cool montane species and @jajeanpierre has some! They're going to be my next cham but I haven't decided which between the 2. They take in a lot of water but not as much as a parsons or mellers does.
yes i have some quads from her she does great work with them. I'm currently trying to sell them because I'm currently trying to just focus on parsons, but quads are amazing.

Hey guys!

I was looking around at several old threads, and I saw some HUGE enclosures.
I now ask that everyone who owns a chameleon on this forum to try to post pictures/ info about their enclosures...... Especially @Extensionofgreen, @jpowell86, and @jajeanpierre. I heard that your enclosures are huge! I am also trying to plan for the future ( I live in Cinci, Ohio) and find out what enclosures are cool & affordable. Thanks, guys!

Sorry, just now saw this. I don't necessarily have large enclosures. I have a couple of greenhouses that I setup with cages and free range areas. I am guessing this is what you saw.

IMAG3656_1 (2).jpg

IMAG2235.jpg

IMAG2481.jpg

I just rebuilt another greenhouse and started planting it just a few days ago. Forgive the cords and misting lines. I just stuck them there while I was arranging. It will look better and more dense once it grows in and I finish the planting. Plus I have to mount all of the bromeliads.

IMAG0305 (2).jpg

One year old Veiled Male in this 48X24X24. Manzanita branches, Living wall with airplants mounted on cork bark, Japanese Aralia, Kalanchoe cactus, Pothos vine, and a few plastic plants up top. Main plant is a Schefflera Arboricola. Cage is mounted on top of a ground-mounted washtub, which drains into a bucket.
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1083.jpg

Back
Top Bottom