Calling All Enclosures.....

Chameleon Crazy Chick

Established Member
Hey guys!

I was looking around at several old threads, and I saw some HUGE enclosures.
I now ask that everyone who owns a chameleon on this forum to try to post pictures/ info about their enclosures...... Especially @Extensionofgreen, @jpowell86, and @jajeanpierre. I heard that your enclosures are huge! I am also trying to plan for the future ( I live in Cinci, Ohio) and find out what enclosures are cool & affordable. Thanks, guys!

Mine is just a very basic and common indoor setup.

Hey guys!

I was looking around at several old threads, and I saw some HUGE enclosures.
I now ask that everyone who owns a chameleon on this forum to try to post pictures/ info about their enclosures...... Especially @Extensionofgreen, @jpowell86, and @jajeanpierre. I heard that your enclosures are huge! I am also trying to plan for the future ( I live in Cinci, Ohio) and find out what enclosures are cool & affordable. Thanks, guys!

It depends on the species. What are you planning to get?

I will probably end up getting a few panthers, or some parsonii. Those are really cool looking, but those are really the only two I know of other than veileds.

They all look awesome, but I'm definitely not going to get another veiled. I need some color or other cool features. :love:

Here is one of mine I connected 3 XL reptibreeze cages together cost less than $250 and its 6 feet long 2 feet deep and 4 feet tall.

Attachments

• 16142744_10210049847177662_1239304928164953676_n.jpg
    16142744_10210049847177662_1239304928164953676_n.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 188
I will probably end up getting a few panthers, or some parsonii. Those are really cool looking, but those are really the only two I know of other than veileds.

They all look awesome, but I'm definitely not going to get another veiled. I need some color or other cool features. :love:

A few panthers or some parsonii? Those are the only two chameleons you know other than veileds, which you don't want another of?

Yikes! That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Here's a converted aviary for the veiled. I could have done a better job with the aesthetics, but for as much as the largest prefab cage, you can modify this and turn it into a real show piece. It has plenty of room.

Attachments

• IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 123
Here's a converted aviary for the veiled. I could have done a better job with the aesthetics, but for as much as the largest prefab cage, you can modify this and turn it into a real show piece. It has plenty of room.
That's a really good idea!! I may have to try something like that.

Just curious, how did you connect them together?
I put them all together pushed out the screen on the sides i was connecting and simply screwed them together make sure they are lined up right or everything will be off like the doors won't close or open, etc. then if there are any spaces between the cages you put together just fill them in on the outside with hot glue but make sure to do it on the outside so the chameleons can't get to it and i seal it so insects can't get out. I use hot glue because when i need to move it or break it down the hot glue will just peel light off and i can take the cage apart.

I have thought of doing that. You just cut the screen sides, between them?
Actually all you have to push the screen close the the edge and the rubber part will start to come out then you just pull all of the rubber out and the screen will simple fall out and you can always keep the screen and use it for different things.

A few panthers or some parsonii? Those are the only two chameleons you know other than veileds, which you don't want another of?

Yikes! That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Ya, tell me about it.

I did a little more research, and now I know of a few more:
  • Carpet Chameleons (don't know much)
  • Pygmy Chameleons (also don't know much)
  • Jacksons (know a little, no cage requirements or anything)
  • Parson's Chameleons (don't know much)
  • Veileds (know a lot)
  • Panthers (also know a lot)
  • Parsonii (know a little)
  • Meller's Chameleons (not much)
  • and Crested Chameleons (not much)
If you can add any knowledge to the list, that would be great! Again, this is all ideas for the future, so I'm not getting another cham for probably another 5-6 years. That's plenty of time to learn, right?

Here you go . The Whole Enclosure is 6 feet high ,6 feet wide and 30" Deep .
Storage with drainage and Mistking set up . The living space for my Chameleon is 6 feet wide 4 feet High and 30" depth . (y).
I really enjoy looking at everyone's Build. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 110
did you build your cage?
This was converted from Second Entertainment Cabinet , I just gutted out .
Added some wood work. I could have built from scratch, but buying all that wood didn't make sense when I only paid $150 for this Beast . The Lighting came from Lightyourreptiles. T5 4ft. Quad 12% *UVB with two daylight 6500K and Tropical plant tube . Twin Basking areas .
You gave me good Idea for a Outdoor enclosure (y):)

Back
Top Bottom