Calling All Crested Gecko Breeders!

PrettyInInk87

At 4 this afternoon I noticed one of my eggs had a tiny slit and oozing, I went to work, and came home almost 9 pm. I noticed no changes, it is now 10 and still nothing. I already got someone's opinion but thought I'd go ahead and get others. What should I do in this situation and has anyone had success with cutting Crested eggs? I'm very worried, please I really need to get more opinions!

i just read something that said if its cracked, oozing and deflated you should open it up - and if you dont catch it soon enough the baby can drown.

i guess youd just spread it open and cross your fingers and hope its alive...:confused:

i hope its ok!

i would do it for you but im not there. i guess if its too early he might die, he might live.. if its too late.. he is dead (or she).. please update if you do it, im really curious as to what happens.

edit : i wrote this before i the last post was posted. :(

I'm in tears... I should have opened him up when I noticed movement before I left to work. I really thought he could do it on his own. He's so tiny. *sigh*

at least from this experience you have new knowledge and know what to do next time it happens. and thankfully it was only one. ive heard drowning is the most peaceful way to die if that makes you feel any better?

hows that hold back gecko doing? i hope its doing well at least.

It just sucks thinking that he might have really tried getting out but as much as he tried he gave up and died. :/

The hold back baby is doing GREAT thankfully and is already 2 months old. Still firing up nicely and has the SWEETEST temperament just like daddy. :) I'm holding him/ her right now. I need to name him!

Sorry to hear this :( I'm not a crested gecko breeder but I've read that you arent suppose to do anything with the egg and just let the gecko figure it out.

I don't know if you've been on this site, but it's a forum for crested gecko keepers. Just like this site. It's really helpful.

Pangeareptile.com and then just go to the right top corner and click forums.

Back
Top Bottom