Calcium

ISA my Veiled

Hey guys, I'm not new to the hobby obviously, but I had some questions about calcium. I normally buy a regular off brand calcium for Isabella and give her that D3 and herptivite twice a month. So just curious because I've been looking at Repashy on one of our site sponsors, and what should I buy, I want to replace all of my calciuma nd herptivite with the Repashy because all I've heard is great things about it. So let me know please! I would really appreciate it.

Hey guys, I'm not new to the hobby obviously, but I had some questions about calcium. I normally buy a regular off brand calcium for Isabella and give her that D3 and herptivite twice a month. So just curious because I've been looking at Repashy on one of our site sponsors, and what should I buy, I want to replace all of my calciuma nd herptivite with the Repashy because all I've heard is great things about it. So let me know please! I would really appreciate it.

Yes you could replace your D3 product and herptivite with Repashy Calcium Plus (RC+), and use the RC+ once a week. You'll still want a vitamin free calcium/mineral powder for use the rest of the time dusting is needed.

Many individuals have reported issues long term if they've used RC+ as their only supplement (its too much unless perhaps you are using only crappy feeders and poor gutloading). Remember also that RC+ contains preformed Vitamin A, whereas Herptivite is PROformed, so you'll want to take that into account when gutloading and such.

I personally have tried both having a separate vitamin (herptivite) and a separate d3 and a separate calcium (did this for over 10 years no issues) as well as more recently trying sticky tongue farms calcium/mineral supplement without D3 (a wonderful product) with RC+ once a week. I've found no improvement or difference between having RC+P vs a separate Herptivite and D3. Both ways work fine.

Yes you could replace your D3 product and herptivite with Repashy Calcium Plus (RC+), and use the RC+ once a week. You'll still want a vitamin free calcium/mineral powder for use the rest of the time dusting is needed.

Many individuals have reported issues long term if they've used RC+ as their only supplement (its too much unless perhaps you are using only crappy feeders and poor gutloading). Remember also that RC+ contains preformed Vitamin A, whereas Herptivite is PROformed, so you'll want to take that into account when gutloading and such.

I personally have tried both having a separate vitamin (herptivite) and a separate d3 and a separate calcium (did this for over 10 years no issues) as well as more recently trying sticky tongue farms calcium/mineral supplement without D3 (a wonderful product) with RC+ once a week. I've found no improvement or difference between having RC+P vs a separate Herptivite and D3. Both ways work fine.

Can ypu by chance send me a link to the sticky tongue farms calcium/mineral supplement you are talking about? I'm looking on their site and I see a VIT-ALL and MINER-ALL supplements, not sure which one to get for a calcium powder.

I dust with Repashy Cal.plus daily since March and it's been working really well. Just make sure it's a light coat and not caked on.

Can ypu by chance send me a link to the sticky tongue farms calcium/mineral supplement you are talking about? I'm looking on their site and I see a VIT-ALL and MINER-ALL supplements, not sure which one to get for a calcium powder.
Vit all is a gutload and minerall is the calcium and what not. You'll want the indoor formula if your cham doesn't see much or any out door time

Vit all is a gutload and minerall is the calcium and what not. You'll want the indoor formula if your cham doesn't see much or any out door time

Awesome thanks so much! I've read that with that one people have had their chameleons die because of vitamin overload?? I do have just a straight calcium that is fed every 3 feeds.

Awesome thanks so much! I've read that with that one people have had their chameleons die because of vitamin overload?? I do have just a straight calcium that is fed every 3 feeds.
I dunno about all that,it's possible for sure. I'm just following the instructions given to me by my chameleons breeder,there's various methods out there, this one happens to work for them so I'm inclined to believe them with a successful breeding practice. Just my .02

I dunno about all that,it's possible for sure. I'm just following the instructions given to me by my chameleons breeder,there's various methods out there, this one happens to work for them so I'm inclined to believe them with a successful breeding practice. Just my .02

Oh for sure! and theres tons of opinions out there! :) thanks so much for your input! I did get the rep calcium plus, will make sure its not caked on as thats probably where people are getting overdose issues.

Oh for sure! and theres tons of opinions out there! :) thanks so much for your input! I did get the rep calcium plus, will make sure its not caked on as thats probably where people are getting overdose issues.
Good deal,if it seems caked on I blow a little off so they aren't like a ghost lol just a light dust will do the trick. Sometimes when I feed 3 different feeders in a day I'll dust whatever the bulk of the food is and leave the other types un dusted.

Good deal,if it seems caked on I blow a little off so they aren't like a ghost lol just a light dust will do the trick. Sometimes when I feed 3 different feeders in a day I'll dust whatever the bulk of the food is and leave the other types un dusted.

Okay gotcha, I put some in a bag and shake it around before pouring them into his tank, is there a better more efficient way to do it? crickets don't hold still very well lol!

Okay gotcha, I put some in a bag and shake it around before pouring them into his tank, is there a better more efficient way to do it? crickets don't hold still very well lol!
Yea that's fine,I do pretty much the same with a Tupperware container.

A varied diet I think is one of the most important things combined with a reply good gut load. Lots of good sponsors here to get food from

Please note this post was started in early 2013, it is possible the information on these supplements has changed.

CHEERS!

Nick

Just toss the feeders in a cup and sprinkle on a little calcium and shake to cover them. You only need a little. The bag may waste too much or at least be more difficult to transfer into the habitat.

Just toss the feeders in a cup and sprinkle on a little calcium and shake to cover them. You only need a little. The bag may waste too much or at least be more difficult to transfer into the habitat.

Okay i like this idea better! Never thought of it! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom