calcium supplements

cruzv

can anyone tell me if this is a good schedule to keep my chameleon on? i have seen many different ones and am not sure which one to follow.

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Vitamin ACalcium+D3CalciumCalciumOut-stickytongueCalciumCalcium
Out-stickytongueRepashy C+CalciumCalciumOut-stickytongueCalciumCalcium
Out-stickytongueCalcium+D3CalciumCalciumOut-stickytongueCalciumCalcium
Out-stickytongueMulti VitCalciumCalciumOut-stickytongueCalciumCalcium

That is an intense schedule... Was this recommended to you by someone?

You can keep it simple by using calcium Without D3 at every feeding and then two times a month you will rotate Reptivite with D3.

Reptivite has Vitamin A in it as well as other vitamins and D3.

That is an intense schedule... Was this recommended to you by someone?

You can keep it simple by using calcium Without D3 at every feeding and then two times a month you will rotate Reptivite with D3.

Reptivite has Vitamin A in it as well as other vitamins and D3.
yes, it was recommended. I was told that although it has vitamin A its not as much.

he said to also add bee pollen on some days
I recognize the schedule and if that is what he is recommending then I suggest going with your Breeders schedule. The chams have already been on this schedule. They are given a very specific supplement routine because your breeder has found that it works best for his chameleons.

So the only thing you will want to ask him is as your baby grows when it is time for him/her to be on an every other day feeding, how does he recommend you accommodate this so your not missing giving certain supplements completely.

Bee pollen is great as well just get the powdered form. This can even be added to your gutload for insects.

As you learn more and have your basic husbandry perfected if you choose to change your supplements then that is fine. There are many ways to supplement correctly.

I happen to use an intense schedule as well because I use Arcadia products. So I rotate between 3 different supplements based on feedings not days. This is why calendars are great. lol

I recognize the schedule and if that is what he is recommending then I suggest going with your Breeders schedule. The chams have already been on this schedule. They are given a very specific supplement routine because your breeder has found that it works best for his chameleons.

So the only thing you will want to ask him is as your baby grows when it is time for him/her to be on an every other day feeding, how does he recommend you accommodate this so your not missing giving certain supplements completely.

Bee pollen is great as well just get the powdered form. This can even be added to your gutload for insects.

As you learn more and have your basic husbandry perfected if you choose to change your supplements then that is fine. There are many ways to supplement correctly.

I happen to use an intense schedule as well because I use Arcadia products. So I rotate between 3 different supplements based on feedings not days. This is why calendars are great. lol
thanks for the great advice once again lol

The one that gave me the schedule wasn’t the breeder I’m buying from, so when I asked the actual breeder he said he uses repashy every feeding with a little bee pollen is that recommend?

The one that gave me the schedule wasn’t the breeder I’m buying from, so when I asked the actual breeder he said he uses repashy every feeding with a little bee pollen is that recommend?
What repashy does he use? Repashy calcium plus or repashy calcium plus LoD?

That’s a very interesting supplement schedule. Looks like it would work but would be very confusing using 6 supplements if feeding every other day. Could just feed less on a daily basis I guess.

Calcium plus
I don't want to tell you not to follow your breeders instructions. I will however tell you what I would do if it were me. I would use calcium plus LoD if your going to stick with the all in one supplement route... Some do really well on the repashy all in one but we have also seen where they develop edema. The supplement seems to be the consistent factor in the cases we have seen within the forum. People stop the supplement and the edema subsides. So it may be a coincidence or it may not.

Back
Top Bottom