cages

ellacham

hey, i have a baby chameleon around 2 or 3 months and i’ve been looking to already upgrade her cage. i want opinions on what cage i should do, please and thank you.

the standard reptibreeze XL 24x24x48
zilla large cage 18x30x30
exo terra (large/xlarge) 36x18x36
if there any other you recommend let me know! all opinions are welcome

Do you have airconditioning in your home? Asking these questions because it can affect the type of cage you should use...all screen, part screen, glass, etc.

Do you have airconditioning in your home? Asking these questions because it can affect the type of cage you should use...all screen, part screen, glass, etc.
i do have air conditioning, although we don’t use it. we use fans around the house instead

I live in Canada and since youmlive in different temperatures than I do I'm hoping someone else will advise you on the cage type...but at least now they know what climate/circumstances you live in to help you best. If this is your first chameleon you might want to answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum so we can look at your husbandry too.

I live in Canada and since youmlive in different temperatures than I do I'm hoping someone else will advise you on the cage type...but at least now they know what climate/circumstances you live in to help you best. If this is your first chameleon you might want to answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum so we can look at your husbandry too.
this is my second chameleon! my house is usually at 82 or so usually around the same temp as outside

It's a myth to start them out in small cages. Get the forever home right away and save yourself some time and money :)
Totally agreed !!!
I had my little guy at 4 month and he was in a tiny cage 45 x 45 x 80 cm ...then I upgrade the indoor cage 192x 37x 61cm ...then I recently build an outdoor cage 120 x 120 x 180 cm for him to be outside when the weather is allowed! Sometimes it takes a minute to find him but we have to do what’s best for the cham :) best wishes for building a nice cage for your cham! Enjoy the project !!!

Attachments

• 85CF12BA-2C16-4932-AAEF-22E128606505.jpeg
    85CF12BA-2C16-4932-AAEF-22E128606505.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 81
Totally agreed !!!
I had my little guy at 4 month and he was in a tiny cage 45 x 45 x 80 cm ...then I upgrade the indoor cage 192x 37x 61cm ...then I recently build an outdoor cage 120 x 120 x 180 cm for him to be outside when the weather is allowed! Sometimes it takes a minute to find him but we have to do what’s best for the cham :) best wishes for building a nice cage for your cham! Enjoy the project !!!
thank you! love that outdoor cage

You want the xl or larger, the glass exo terra works too, but make sure you know what you're doing with the drainage. Also glass tends to be for people that have low humidity in their homes.

Back
Top Bottom