cage temperature???

geoff135

i have a 2 and a half month old veiled chameleons and he was green then i picked him up and now he is always brown ever since the day i put him in the new cage.

He isn't a dark dark brown but brown, I'm thinking it might be the temperature.

i got a thermometer that can read 2 temperatures the temp under his heat and temp of room, the room stays around 74-77 degrees and his heat area can be around 79-85 during the day.

Is this the right temp for a chameleon his age?

ALSO: when i mist him the temp of the basking area dips down to 69 and builds slowly back to 85ish wince the water evaporates.

could that be the problem?

What can i do to make the little guy green again.

85 is ok for a basking temp and your cage temp is fine too. I see you live in Florida. Take your chameleon out for natural sunshine as much as possible and you will probably see him turn green. They love being outdoors.

i was told not to hold him as much as possible but when i do he turns green immediately.. whats up with that??

My little girl is about 4-5 months old. She's dark brown no matter what in the cage. Then when she's being held and away from my son she's green. My male is green no matter what, in or out of cage.

they turn colors for different reasons. Who's to say if he likes being held. Most don't but some don't mind it. Sometimes they turn brighter colors when they are upset too. Just because they are green does not mean that they are happy. My chameleon freaks out over the lawn mower and turns the most beautiful colors, but trust me, he is totally stressed and scared ot it.

what about the temperature change when i mist the cage, it hits 68 degrees cuz of the water, is that not good?

Out of curiosity what are the best temps for charms?
If I use a 60watt bulb I get 35c which is 95f
If I use the 40watt bulb I get 28c which is 82f
I don't have the cham yet, he comes Thursday but I want the best for him

Out of curiosity what are the best temps for charms?
If I use a 60watt bulb I get 35c which is 95f
If I use the 40watt bulb I get 28c which is 82f
I don't have the cham yet, he comes Thursday but I want the best for him
what kind of chameleon??? 95 is a good temp for panthers and the low to mid 80's for a Veild is good.

Panther, I need to test the bulbs longer as the changed a little bit with the weather, I might need to find a 50watt just to be sure

Edit 50s don't exist hmm

Panther, I need to test the bulbs longer as the changed a little bit with the weather, I might need to find a 50watt just to be sure

Edit 50s don't exist hmm

maybe a 45 watt. 90 degrees is ok too. My basking was between that and as high as 95 or so.

Can't find that either, I think the 40 would be OK and the 60 when it gets colder
I don't want to use the 60 and cook him

what about the temperature change when i mist the cage, it hits 68 degrees cuz of the water, is that not good?

That is likely due to water on the sensor affecting its reading, not that the water necessarily made the cage that much colder. Mine does that too. When the water isn't beading on the temp probe anymore, it will be back to a reasonable temperature, right ?

Reactions: Hoj
Back
Top Bottom