Cage s finally done :-)

Sherlinwed

So I finally finished this cage and Thor LOVES it. He doesnt want to leave it. Usually I would leave the door open and he would walk out or crawl on me, but now he just hangs out in their. Im happy, but also sad :-( He liked to crawl on me and now he's like I dont need you women waaahhhh..ha :) I still need to put the plants on the bottom and add some additional fake leaves on the top and organize the mister a little better, but overall its 99% finished. This cage was such a headache. We had to change to drainage several times beacuse we didnt like it and it wasnt what we expectes, so now we have done it.YAY!!! He is all over the place. Its a little maze for him and I hope he enjoys it and grow to his full potential size.

Attachments

• 2011-12-06 04.38.25.jpg
    2011-12-06 04.38.25.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 2011-12-06 04.38.57.jpg
    2011-12-06 04.38.57.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 131
Creative

I love it! Great work, it looks like the jungle gyms primates have at zoo's. What kind of fiber are the ropes made out of?

Thanks :-} its called sisal rope that I got from home depot. I actually had him climbing it before I considered using it in the cage. Its also great with mildew. Its soft on his feet and he is very comfortable relaxing on it. I love this lil guy and wanted to make his life a little less stressful

Thanks for replying, I will have to look into getting some of that roping, I'm sure its much less costly than fake vines!

I'm adding a ficus, hibiscus on the botttom. I also have croton, but it was dieing and I'm getting bck slowly. I have to buy additional leaves for the top, so its almot done. Btw the rope is def cheap. They sell it by the foot.

Back
Top Bottom